Sunspot region 2443

Guest danderson500

13 uren geleden, Maxime Fiset zei:

I'm a steady watcher of Stereo A (because I like to plan my sun-watching schedule) and I really didn't see anything great coming our way.

Then again, Stereo A is only that effective, but eh, regions develop over time! =) We could be surprised.

This sunspot region produced at least three strong solar flares on the far side but it seems to be much more quiet right now. Hope it can surprise us.

Guest GDMorgan

The return of that coronal hole might spark some good aurora once it faces earth, I did not manage to catch the far side solar flares, does anyone have a link?

Guest danderson500
3 hours ago, GDMorgan said:

The return of that coronal hole might spark some good aurora once it faces earth, I did not manage to catch the far side solar flares, does anyone have a link?

you know we might not get much with that coronal hole

6 minuten geleden, danderson500 zei:

you know we might not get much with that coronal hole

Of course we never know for sure what kind of geomagnetic activity to expect but we are confident we will see a noteworthy geomagnetic response once the solar wind stream arrives. Last rotation it caused a strong G3 geomagnetic storm and at STEREO A it caused solar wind speeds up to 800km/s.

It's rumbling with C-class solar flares right now, but also departing sunspot region 2437 is active.

C-class solar flare from sunspot region 2443

Sunspot region 2443 is starting to wake up with numerous C-class events during the past 12 hours. Will we see an M-class solar flare from this sunspot region today?Follow it live on www.spaceweatherlive.com

Posted by

SpaceWeatherLive

on vrijdag 30 oktober 2015

Guest danderson500
4 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

It looks like there is a magnetic delta structure in the eastern part of the sunspot cluster which causes more activity, but still not enough for M-class flares but chances are growing.

I thought I didn't see any delta but I could be wrong

Head title : Magnetohydrodynamic synoptics

Undertitle : Parker's magnetic folio

Green field label : positivity (or just positive) (opposed to right side red field's label "minus sign")

ISWA (Integrated Space Weather Analysis, I assume)

GONG imagery

Solar wind's interaction and connectivity with Earth, as predicted for november 2nd after 8am UTC.

Ma première tentative de traduction dans le domaine de l'observation solaire. Je m'améliorerai. Au moins la grammaire est bien employée, ce qui facilite la compréhension.

Archived