First Sighting

AbeH

I also captured the first aurora of this season here in northern Sweden along with a brilliant noctilucent clouds show!

Timelapse: 

Do you have images that you wish to share?

I unfortunatly dont they were to faint and these were the first time I ever saw them in my life. Also I love the time lapse thanks for posting that.

• 2 weeks later...

CONGRATS ABE!!!!! I saw my first aurora (i live in pennsylvania) on the night of june 23, in the geomagnetic storm. I couldn't see a thing, but my canon rebel xti sure could! a guy in the same state caught the same aurora, and said it only lasted 3 minutes!!!! that aurora is my profile pic.

• 5 months later...
Guest Pelonchas Liceaga

I saw yesterday near home in central sweden...5 minutos walking from home in the lake...was amazing in every flashlight the frozen lake was making loud weird sounds!!! along 50 kms its the lake and the sounds of the lake was like exploding jet turbine!!! at here if a wistle the sound makes an eco so ,I think the solar wind with the magnetism was pulling the water above the ice and brokening ,or something like this but what a spectacle!!!

P1010014.JPG

Archived