What to do with Geomagnetic Storm?

oemSpace

When the reading is rising, does CME come towards Earth?

When the reading is dropping, does CME come away from Earth?

Geomagnetic disturbances are measured by any rapidly change in levels(nT)

Does the level (nT) indicate the strength of Geomagnetic disturbances?

Does above statement correct? please correct me if I am wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>

When it rises, that would mean that we might have northward orientated IMF or that the storm subsides. If readings drop than the geomagnetic field is buffetted and can lead to storm. But it's the deviation that counts in how high the activity is.

Read the articles that i mentioned in my post and it will explain a lot about magnetometers. Look in the help section and choose Kiruna magnetometer

• 5 years later...
On 1/9/2014 at 4:34 AM, Marcel de Bont said:

So sure of your answer, there is almost always an exception.  Solar storms are often accompanied by X-Ray increases, sometime quite dramatic increases, as we have seen recently.  These are harmful, if strong enough.  Also what is magnetism and why would not affect a body that is run by electrical impulses. Point is, things are rarely so cut and dry with events like this, they need more study....and perhaps leave room for discussion from others in your answer.  It's just an annoying... almost offensive answer.  I think you are in need of study.  Start here.  https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/noaa-scales-explanation

No offense, but you reference studiesyou should include, I do not doubt your claims, personally I would tend to agree, but perhaps not in a slap in the face way you put it, as if you are an authority the use the word personally.   I prefer answers that don't include "personally believe" in them.  Beliefs are not science, and this is a science board. It is hard to find boards where people aren't constantly insulting others, a sign of the type of anything and nothing is possible and true and a lie Trump has brought us.

Ma'am, you may well feel I'll for reasons relating to solar weather.  The human body is a fickle thing, even if they are in reality not connected, your feelings are still real, and are caused by what you think, perhaps imagined.  Semetics?  Perhaps.  Don't feel dumb or hysterical for asking a perfectly legitimate question, as one responder seemed to imply.  That it was so cut and dry and impossible.

Respectfully. 

There are studies that suggest people are influenced by geomagnetic storms but there are also studies that contradict those claims. I personally do not believe at all that humans could feel anything from geomagnetic storms, it's likely all in their heads and stress about things that are not important to their health at all. Animals that use Earth's magnetic field to navigate might sense something, but I don't know anything about that.

No need to backup your computer. Everything will work like usual.

Archived