Help translate SpaceWeatherLive into your language

Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

This website is constructed to be translated into more than one language. To see what languages already exist, please visit our about page on the main site.

You can help us translate the website so it may come available into more regions and countries.You can sign up for translating SpaceWeatherlive on https://translate.spaceweatherlive.com . Make an account and select the language you like to translate to start translating. Is your language not in the list, please message us and we'll check to see if it can be added.

Translators will be mentioned on our about page. New languages will only be added to the site once their progress is sufficient, this means that most of the strings should be complete (with the exception of the help section). If you run into errors, issues whilst translating, or have other issues, please message us or leave a comment on the translation platform. Questions or feedback about a translation string, just add a comment on the platform.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi! I'm a professional translator. My mother tongue is Finnish, and my main translation languages are from English to Finnish and from Finnish to English. (Also some other language combinations, but I don't consider them important in this context.)

As I have other projects, and as a professional translator I get paid for my translations, I cannot allocate too much of my time for pro bono work. However, since I am interested in Aurora Borealis, I would like to discuss about the possibility of doing some pro bono translations into Finnish for this site. I just will not be able to allocate much time for that, so the translations would progress slowly, and sometimes I might not have time to spare for this pro bono project.

I am not making any promises yet; I'm merely expressing my interest in helping this site - as long as you can accept that I am committing my priorities to my commercial work. Also, I would like to know, whether I would be allowed to use the translations I would do of this site as a demonstration of my translation skills when applying for a job or a freelance assignment.

Ylva - a brand new member, so far without a signature :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest filipajzna

Yes you can. Translation is done through the program POEdit. Is it ok that we e-mail you the package?

Best regards

Sander

YES, no problem, I downloaded this program, after I finish the translate, I will let you know...

PS: sorry for long pause - now I will work on it!

Edited by filipajzna

• 3 months later...
Guest echofoxalpha

Hi,

If you need to translate/ improve translations into French, I can help you.

I'm a native French speaker with a scientific education, if that matters.

Feel free to contact me !

Estelle

Hi,

If you need to translate/ improve translations into French, I can help you.

I'm a native French speaker with a scientific education, if that matters.

Feel free to contact me !

Estelle

Hi Estelle,

In the past there was a frenchman who checked the translation but since then newer strings where added by us and may not be 100% correct. We could send you the translation file if you want or when you view horrible mistakes on the site you can always mail us the corrected version. You may choose what's best for you.

My native language is Polish. I can help you in translating to this language.

Hi Kzez,

Polish would indeed be a nice addition to the current set. Translation is done in a program called "PoEdit" and is pretty much straightforward. If you're up to it we can prepare a pack for you to translate. 

Hi Estelle,

In the past there was a frenchman who checked the translation but since then newer strings where added by us and may not be 100% correct. We could send you the translation file if you want or when you view horrible mistakes on the site you can always mail us the corrected version. You may choose what's best for you.

Hi Kzez,

Polish would indeed be a nice addition to the current set. Translation is done in a program called "PoEdit" and is pretty much straightforward. If you're up to it we can prepare a pack for you to translate.

Ok. You can contact me.

You can send me the file and I ´ll have a look at it.

Hi Estelle,

We'll send you an email with further details!

Ok. You can contact me.

We've send you an e-mail with further details!

YES, no problem, I downloaded this program, after I finish the translate, I will let you know...

PS: sorry for long pause - now I will work on it!

Missed your update ;-) sorry for that. Glad to hear you'll be working on it, do you need the latest package with all of the changes that where added?

• 8 months later...
Guest Mohamed Nedal

Hello everyone, 

I'm an Egyptian Master student in Solar Physics at the Space Weather Monitoring Center (SWMC), I can help to translate into Arabic. 

Op 23 november 2015 23:19:22, Mohamed Nedal zei:

Hello everyone, 

I'm an Egyptian Master student in Solar Physics at the Space Weather Monitoring Center (SWMC), I can help to translate into Arabic. 

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for your interest in translating SWL. The main issue we currently have is that we don't have implemented RTL support (Right-to-left) for the site which makes it a bit difficult. I'l have to do some research for the best implementation methods for RTL languages.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Johan S-z

My native language is Swedish and being interested in spaceweather I can help you with translation! I am working in Mac-environment, if that info is important for you! /All the best, Johan

Hello Johan!

Our co-admin @Marcel de Bont is also from Sweden, maybe you two can get along for some further translation work. On the Swedish translation we still have a lot of help articles that need to be translated (those can be mailed to us). If you want to find errors in the main site language, this can be directly done in translation files. Let us know what you think of it ;) 

• 4 weeks later...