NW Limb CME

MinYoongi

Good Morning! 

Looking at Stereo Coronagraph we see a big (?) Cme ! Is it Earth directed? Noaa didnt really say anything. It looks so big, is there reason to be concerned? 

Update: Lasco updated, apparently. 

I'm just uncertain if its Earth directed. :( I'm a bit Insecure about the severity of it. Idk what to think. Kinda worried :(

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Good Morning! 

Looking at Stereo Coronagraph we see a big (?) Cme ! Is it Earth directed? Noaa didnt really say anything. It looks so big, is there reason to be concerned? 

Update: Lasco updated, apparently. 

I'm just uncertain if its Earth directed. :( I'm a bit Insecure about the severity of it. Idk what to think. Kinda worried :(

Don't worry. Very unlikely to be even close to hitting earth. But yes the CME is impressive. Considering how puny it looked on SDO

• Like 1

Just now, solar investigator said:

Don't worry. Very unlikely to be even close to hitting earth. But yes the CME is impressive. Considering how puny it looked on SDO

Ya think? I think noaa was still modeling it. :D thanks for the input! My last reply went through a bit late but clearly mentioned SunMan. 

MinYoongi why are you always so worried? The CME you are talking about it clearly aimed away from Earth and it is not that spectacular compared to some more historical events. What is it that you are afraid of? We have a magnetic field around our planet that protects us. No need to worry unless you're an alien living on Mars!

Also removed 6 off topic posts.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, solar investigator said:

Sorry but clearly u did not in fact tag anyone.....😏😆

See:

17 hours ago, Marcel de Bont said:

removed 6 off topic posts.

Instigating further petty argument, from the POV of regular visitors, is not desirable.

On topic; When you should be worried, is when the experts vanish.

Edited by Christopher S.
  • Thanks 1