Potentially add SUVI Thermatic Map to GOES page?

Hello! I sometimes check the GOES section of SWL to quickly get a read on the sun, although a lot of the images are identical to SDO instruments, just in a lower resolution(I don't know if this is intentional). This one product below, however, is unique, and potentially very helpful to visitors! The thermatic map allows one to easily distinguish between the different aspects of the sun as seen in various bands/wavelengths. Would you consider adding this to the website? 

Also, as a bonus, could you add little help mouseover/button icons to the GOES page of the website that explain the wavelengths, just the same as the SDO page does? I know it's a bit redundant and extra work that you likely don't have the time for, but it would help to encourage visitors to actually check GOES instead of SDO

suvi-primary-map.png?time=1595876298000

You can find it here, at the bottom of the list of SUVI products: https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/goes-solar-ultraviolet-imager-suvi

14 uren geleden, Christopher S. zei:

Hello! I sometimes check the GOES section of SWL to quickly get a read on the sun, although a lot of the images are identical to SDO instruments, just in a lower resolution(I don't know if this is intentional). This one product below, however, is unique, and potentially very helpful to visitors! The thermatic map allows one to easily distinguish between the different aspects of the sun as seen in various bands/wavelengths. Would you consider adding this to the website? 

The SUVI instrument on GOES isn't of the same quality as the AIA assembly on SDO but SUVI's wider field of view compared to SDO's AIA is the main benefit we got with GOES.

I looked at the thermatic map but didn't think it was particularly accurate but I guess we could put it on the GOES page. It doesn't hurt to have it there!

Also, as a bonus, could you add little help mouseover/button icons to the GOES page of the website that explain the wavelengths, just the same as the SDO page does? I know it's a bit redundant and extra work that you likely don't have the time for, but it would help to encourage visitors to actually check GOES instead of SDO

Nah it isn't redundant at all, it is a good idea actually! I didn't think about that. Will do that for sure when I got the time! Thanks for your suggestions. This is the kind of feedback we need to improve the website in every aspect possible.