What role would a weaker magnetic field play during a large solar maximum?

Excuse me for sounding amateur, I am. 😅 I have enjoyed tracking this page for years, I am trying to absorb as much as I can so I don't sound like a child. 

My main question comes from a fear I have and practically all humans have; catastrophic events. 

Since seeing headlining news about changes in the magnetic north, the South Atlantic Anomaly and the unpredictable nature of solar activity, I'm trying to make sense of this and educate myself instead of deep diving into conspiracy and paranoia. 

From a educated perspective, what should we expect as a likely situation if things keep progressing (or digressing) as they do? Are we bound to see any catastrophic events from the sun and/or geomagnetism within our lifetime? Or is it just easy to go down these wormholes and likely we have nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance. I apologize for my lack of terminology. 🤣

Edited by shirleydarkillustrat
Punctuation

The magnetic North Pole shifts a but and has done that for many many years, the only difference now is that it moves a bit at a rapid rate but doesn't mean the magnetic field is getting weaker. Maybe one day the poles will inverse (just like the suns north and South Pole switch every 22 years), who knows, but nobody knows that. If you look at the movements of the past hundreds of years it's like a toll that wobbles a bit when spinning and is now a bit gaining in a straight line but still near the geographic North so I'm not worried ;) 

fce7fad9edd65f2c869014cdbee6ba44dc4138a3.jpg

47043001_7.png

• Thanks 1

I just hope I can be alive to experience something amazing like that. 

14 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

the suns north and South Pole switch every 22 years

I didn't know it was 22 years, or is that for a full north/south rotation with the 11 year cycle? I've always thought the 11 year cycle was when the poles shifted.

Thanks for the answer! It's silly to worry anyways, it probably won't get us anywhere. 😅

16 uren geleden, shirleydarkillustrat zei:

I didn't know it was 22 years, or is that for a full north/south rotation with the 11 year cycle? I've always thought the 11 year cycle was when the poles shifted.

A whole magnetic cycle of the Sun is 22 years, so each 11 years it switches North and Southpole that's true but it regains it's North after 22 years. So a magnetic cycle is 22 years 😉 

• Thanks 1