Did the historic solar minimum cause the pandemic?

Aeon

@VoltarDark 

The Spanish pandemic of 1918 corresponds with a solar maximum of a relatively weak cycle.
My impression is that atmospheric ionization has a primary role on the behavior of these viruses.
Not just neutrons of spatial origin.

Weak cycles + Solar Maxima =?

High neutron levels + positive ions =?

• Like 1

Interesting.

Solar UV strength on earth should be (f) square of the distance.  South hemisphere winter is closer to the sun then north hemisphere's one. So my guess is the worst is to come next fall (north).

Any one  have an educated guess of what is the length of the great solar minimums ? 

It look like about a 100 years ? if yes, it could explain the periodical recurrence of those pandemic. But Calendar tempering could give us a challenge...

Some have better history keeping then us.

The great solar recessions never have an equal duration.
They are all different, however if you compare the official studies often the start-end dates are different from each other, this is because they are approximate.
Also consider that they are preceded by mediocre cycles similar to solar cycle 24, or even at the minimum of Damon
(although I don't understand why there is so little documentation on this solar minimum)

My guess is that these prolonged low stages, followed by moderate solar cycles, and then other prolonged low stages etc. before a large solar maximum such as that of the 1960s, they are part of solar pluri-centennial depressions, followed by a secular phase of great activity.
In simple words: the regular pulsations of a variable star.
The great solar recessions belong to the long period of minimum activity.
The great secular solar maxima at the peak of activity.

• Like 1

Very logical. Those cycles could be very long... hard for humans to perceive them fully.

I see the dark matter/ether as a liquid like water ? Earth, Sun are inside a «incredibly giant» bubble of such liquid (Ether) ? We walk «on» the center of big air bubble. Black holes are like the kitchen sink vortex...for the Ether ? So if Ether is like water, dark matter «is» the hydrogen of Ether ? Anti-matter would be where the drain flow out ? So if neutrinos can go through us then we can be inside a bubble of neutrinos without knowing it ?

Thanks for the infos !!!

On 3/8/2020 at 5:05 AM, Jenn said:

Hi again Christopher. Can you please show links from credible sites that cosmic rays or secondary cosmic rays do NOT play any role or trigger a deactivation for dormant viruses? I think it will help or at least point to the site where you get your updated information as science is always learning and changing. From what I have researched  it’s well known that radiation can and does induce mutations. 

I remember reading a short piece in a sci magazine (maybe New Scientist) around 1995/96 that suggested when the upper atmosphere shrinks during the minimum, or during hemispheric cool trends then that causes extra space dust to enter into the atmosphere. This space dust could potentially enhance the flu/cold season. That does raise the question is this current virus enhanced at this time because current conditions are in a cool trend? The current quiet solar activity is now very similar to the solar effects in play back around 1918/19.

13 hours ago, Aeon said:

@VoltarDark 

The Spanish pandemic of 1918 corresponds with a solar maximum of a relatively weak cycle.

Here is an interesting observation. I have a high res solar cycle graph made by Dr Svalgaard. That shows the peak of SC15  early in January of 1918. The flu was being reported as mild at that point in time. Then by mid year of 1918 sunspots had plunged  close to minimum levels. May of 1918 was when the Spanish Flu received its name when around 8 million Spaniards dies in that one month. So the question is did that steep drop in sunspots have any effect on the Spanish flu mutation in May of 1918?

@goldminor

I know this chart.

spacer.png

It is worth noting that at that time there was not only the Spanish flu pandemic, but also another pandemic known as
"Encephalitis lethargica".

I don't know any details about introducing space dust into the atmosphere.
As far as I know, this is an event that happens every year.

Edited by Aeon

So many factors matter, without true experimentation/observation and peer's reviewed data,  it will stay an educated guess. Still it can give us some insight.

Dust, dust composition, volcano's dust . All those temper with the Sun light also.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:52 AM, goldminor said:

So the question is did that steep drop in sunspots have any effect on the Spanish flu mutation in May of 1918?

The drop in mortality from the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 occurred almost synchronized across the world.

This meant that the virus had mutated into a less lethal version.

Being that the collapse of mortality occurred worldwide, it means that a common factor globally has made it less lethal.
Probably the collapse of solar activity.

This reminds me of how COVID19 appears to have changed differently, and from pre-existing strains in different nations when neutron levels rose to 2009 levels.

According to a study, the COVID19 virus has mutated into different strains.
Researchers from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China found that COVID-19 has mutated in at least 30 different variants and that the new coronavirus' ability to mutate has been underestimated.
The study analyzed the coronavirus strains that had infected 11 Hangzhou patients.
The researchers found that there were many more mutations in the samples than previously reported.
Within the sample, officials detected over 30 mutations, of which about 60% were new.
Laboratory tests also found that some mutations resulted in deadly coronavirus strains.
Sars-CoV-2 has acquired mutations capable of substantially changing its pathogenicity.
The study also determined that the deadliest mutations in the sample group were also found in the coronavirus strain identified most frequently in Europe.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20060160v1

In March 2020, Adriano Decarli, epidemiologist and professor of medical statistics at the University of Milan, said that between October and December last year there was a "significant" increase in the number of people hospitalized for pneumonia and influenza in areas of Milan and Lodi.
He said he was unable to provide exact figures, but "hundreds" of more than usual people were brought to the hospital in the last three months of 2019 in those areas two of the most affected cities in Lombardy with pneumonia and similar symptoms. flu, and some of them were dead.
This seems to highlight that this pandemic not only did not seem to have necessarily started in the People's Republic of China, but even the pre-existing virus could have mutated and spread in a different and independent way from different regions and then spread all over the world.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN21D2IG

The favorable time to induce these mutations uniformly across the world seems to have manifested itself synchronously when the neutron rate of space origin rose to 2009 levels.
spacer.png
Namely: at the levels of the H1N1 pandemic.

Interestingly, WHO says that COVID19 is 10 times worse than the H1N1 Pandemic.
Indeed numbers and deaths confirm it.
https://www.france24.com/en/20200413-who-says-covid-19-is-10-times-more-deadly-than-swine-flu

This fact if we compare it with the levels of neutrons of spatial origin of the OULU graph, it doesn't make much sense.
But if we compare it to the more reliable Russian monitor, it turns out that the neutron rate has already passed the 2009 level.

spacer.png

A fact that highlights how this solar minimum is deeper.

• Like 1

«The drop in mortality from the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 occurred almost synchronized across the world.»

If so then the beginning of the pandemic occur simultaneously everywhere Bingo !!!!! 

Its was already with us and it started everywhere at the same time.

Aeon  you can be proud of that find. it's a very important find. very.very very. Bravo.

Sharing that «theory» is a must.

Serologic studies will confirm this.

@VoltarDark 

Maybe English isn't perfect, and it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't make myself understood.

Spare me your street boy sarcasm.

What I want to point out is that the change in pandemic mortality has not been localized to a few nations, but has been global.

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Aeon said:

The drop in mortality from the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 occurred almost synchronized across the world.

This meant that the virus had mutated into a less lethal version.

Being that the collapse of mortality occurred worldwide, it means that a common factor globally has made it less lethal.
Probably the collapse of solar activity

I'm assuming that you've never heard of antibodies, before.

This entire thread has collapsed in on itself multiple times over, and yet I don't think the end is anywhere in sight.

2 hours ago, VoltarDark said:

Antibodies maybe. But our Cov don't seem to generate much immunity for now. 

I'm no virologist, but inside the immune system of a human being who successfully "survives" or "fights off" a viral infection are antibodies that are primarily responsible for keeping the person alive in spite of the effects of the virus, mainly through the slowing and stoppage of the virus' ability to reproduce itself. This is not a manifestation of immunity in the sense that the virus does not infect us, but rather that we make our bodies stronger than the virus in a way that allows normal function to be restored to all of our organs, and eventually the virus to be in too hostile of an environment to survive. 

This is what I'm talking about with the Spanish Flu being referenced previously in the thread. It has only been a few months since this COVID-19 became a global pandemic, and certainly not everyone on the planet has had contact with the virus, thanks to a number of measures taken by governments and individuals to minimize the spread. In the case of the Spanish Flu, there were really no measures in place to effectively minimize contact with the virus, and once it infected those who it was fated to infect(by virtue of the structure and practices in society, as well as ignorance of micro-organisms and health practices), the only thing that could possibly stop the virus from decimating human civilization in totality is the antibodies that our bodies are equipped with to eventually eliminate the virus within us.

Those same antibodies would be easier for our immune systems to produce if we were to be re-infected, and thus a lower mortality rate should be expected over time - at least after the initial wave of infections takes place. The first wave of infection was historically the deadliest because of this. Again, correlation is not causation, and believing the sun to contribute in some magical, almost religious way that overshadows our own body's immune system is a very large step backwards from everything modern science has shown about medicine, anatomy, virology, and all related fields.

Honestly, it's a sort of slap in the face of people who work very hard to give real answers to many, many problems directly affecting humanity.

17 minutes ago, Christopher S. said:

The first wave of infection was historically the deadliest because of this. Again, correlation is not causation, and believing the sun to contribute in some magical, almost religious way that overshadows our own body's immune system is a very large step backwards from everything modern science has shown about medicine, anatomy, virology, and all related fields.

I'm just a normal person asking maybe too many questions. 

But i know that it's very easy to see for us see the sun and earth cycles influencing our life , it's call the seasons. So it maybe not so stupid to think that the sun's intensity variation over the centuries could have some influence over ours bodies. Their is a cause/a meaning for everything.

• Thanks 1

@Christopher S. Extremely simplistic explanation, the fact that they have not been mentioned does not mean that it has been overlooked.
The change was too sudden to use the antibody explanation.
Do a   search on your own on the appropriate specialized sites.
I understand that those who healed afterwards must have devveloped them, but they range from a month with an exceptional peak of mortality, to the following month with a very low mortality rate, such as the Philadel phia example.
The most accredited and common explanation I've seen so far is that the virus has mutated.
It's not my problem if you don't agree with the subject, o con il thread.
I also emphasize that studies have been done on these physical and chemical processes that you call "magical".
Furthermore, nothing described above contradicts the work that the scientific community puts into practice to stem these problems.

Just to bookend my participation in this pseudo-scientific rabble, I'll point out two glaring discrepancies between your arguments and the conclusions you have come to.

The first issue is that the virus typically survives in an infected person's body for, on average, 14 days. This means that it wouldn't take much more than a matter of months for a civilization to collectively be exposed to the virus and develop antibodies within the individuals therein.

The second issue is speaking of the correlation between the solar cycle and the mortality rate of the virus in strong denial of the immune responses within a civilization that are taking place at the same time. This is a bias which has clearly made you blind to more likely possibilities and drives you desperately to prove, armed only with correlative data alone, that it is not how living organisms combat specific strains of viruses but instead the incidence of cosmic rays above an observed average.

In short, what causes a pandemic is a rapid spread of viral infection throughout civilization, simple as that. The severity of that pandemic is determined by chemical nuances and our genetic and anatomical predisposition to effectively diminish that virus' conduciveness to reproduce in our bodies before we die of the complications it causes. A new strain of influenza, as in a virus our body has never produced the antibodies for, will always claim lives depending on factors like age, pre-existing medical conditions, and air quality. Remember that this particular virus didn't materialize in open air, it has to grow within some organism at some point before it eventually found its way into our society. I'm pretty sure the cosmic rays didnt make a difference in any way.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VoltarDark said:

Here is an real life example explaining to us why we need of cross field researching teams.

To be clear, I am not disputing that cosmic rays and solar radiation cause mutation of DNA in any organisms. With that out of the way, we do not have enough time to practically assess a direct correlation between such mutations and the circumstances which lead to a strong and widespread infection in a particular species, which you and others have already acknowledged take place over centuries(and millenia). However, it should be clear by the fact that a pandemic caused by a particular strain of virus only lasts a few months, that cosmic ray mutations are not at fault. New virus(especially an engineered sub-type) will always have an opportunity to spread and cause a pandemic. Naturally-occuring sub-types which are new may possibly be influenced by cosmic ray mutation, but again, other factors are at play, namely the practices of organisms in terms of exposure to other organisms. 

1) I don't doubt it. But there have also been numerous cases in which the infected have tested positive even after months, as in Italy.
2) As far as the mortality rate and solar cycles are concerned, it is a higher rate of mutations of the virus itself which makes it more difficult to fight the immune system.
If you had read the original link of this thread you would have already understood it.
I have not excluded anything from what you explain.
The virus has existed for years and its mutation is what made it epidemic and harmful to human well-being.
Even the Spanish pandemic had been around for years in humans, before it appeared, as some scientific studies have explained.

Although some claim it originated from pigs.

For all the rest what I see is a matter of opinion.
COVID19 was not born in the laboratory.
There have always been virus mutations, however factors such as peaks in solar activity and higher levels of space radiation have a major impact on this process.
To explain these physico-chemical processes, there are scientific studies on the topic, and these topics need correlative data.
So far mentioned only to a small extent.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:56 AM, Aeon said:

A fact that highlights how this solar minimum is deeper.

I took ill in late November with unusual effects. I wasn't even sure if I was sick at times. Then in mid December my heart was stressed by whatever it was affecting me. At the same time my brother 300 miles to the south of me ended up in the hospital for a week with a heart attack. His son also had the worst flu of his life in late November. A number of people up here in the mountains where I live also said they had severe cases of the flu back in November. So there is further confirmation for some of what you are saying. I would like to get tested for the corona virus when the tests become available in my area.

• Like 2

@goldminor I'm sorry for what happened to you.
Even my granddaughter had a relative of hers among the victims of this pandemic.
I think this minimum will probably end in the summer of 2021, however now with the arrival of summer things should improve considerably.
If he returns in the fall, we would all be prepared now, thanks to prevention.
I'm sure you're right to be tested for the vaccine.

• Like 1

SUNSPOTS are coming now !

Check out this NASA-dashboard, you see videos from different wavelengths.

Videos are from the last 48 hours and allways updated.

You see the sunspots (and flares) coming in from the left-side ..in about 3 days they will be directed at earth

so we will receive loads of UVC @ 1700 nm radiation which will kill virus ! ...

Interesting that weather predictions for my country (NL) also show a strong temperature-peak in 3 days from now ..

Check this everyday its the 1st real big sunspots since the coronacrisis started ..

im amazed that no-one in the solar world (internet) talks about it (yet) or am i stupid ?                                       

https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/dashboard/?d=HMIB;1600;1700;0193;0171;HMIBC 

By the way it seems to me that these solar-flares are coming from the inside of the sun trough the sunspots

since they show at the exaxct same locations .. (at least right now) or am i talking stupid again ? 

if that is the case ..how come this is mentioned nowhere on 10ths of solar-websites ? 

My opinion on websites about solar-activity in general is that they are "lame" ..and allways behind !

Edited by Ron NL
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1