Christopher S.

Aurora Australis watchers; Launceston no longer working

Hello all. For a few months now, I have noticed that the primary Magnetogram for the southern hemisphere that Spaceweatherlive uses is no longer transmitting data. While I do not have an explanation for this, I have went to the source website and found the same thing.

Launceston.gif

Would you please find a replacement source to use in generally the same region for Australian aurora watchers? While the front page's "hemispheric power" graph and "auroral oval" can be helpful to indicate potential aurora activity, the Magnetograms shown on this website currently only provide information for the Northern Hemisphere.

Thank you!

We will replace it with the Hobart magnetometer. If anybody has a better suggestion for a southern hemisphere magnetometer please feel free to post in this thread and we will investigate the suggestion. Thanks.

• Like 1