Like 'tuning a radio'...

theartist

A 'change' happened;  you can see this consequent change in the most recent synoptic magnetogram:

2006442922_MagnetogramAggregate.jpg.edf066a3c1488526644036fdd550c4de.jpg

Figure 1. The highlighted area in the above magnetogram is an aggregate of activity arising on the photosphere surface, at practically all latitudes.

Think of the 'aggregate of activity' highlighted in Figure 1 as a large 'torsional oscillation' within the solar plasma, indicating the resonant-oscillator cavity is being tuned up...but for what, or how?  Is the Quality Factor of the resonant-oscillator cavity proceeding to rise in conjunction with the following planetary setup to occur around Dec. 28, 2019?:

1306321165_12-28-19setup.thumb.jpg.e873161fa8c395d148c83cf0617bf8ef.jpg

Figure 2.  Is the 'solar radio' and adjoining electromagnetic cavity resonator getting tuned in accordance with the above setup?

So is the 'planetary setup', presented above in Figure 2, offering opportunity for the sun to display a (significant-in-size) photospheric magnetic structure above the critical 32deg latitude? Stay 'tuned' to find out, and welcome to the new era of heliospheric forecasting.  😁

Edited by theartist
Removed excess blank space.
  • Like 3

On 12/13/2019 at 11:52 AM, theartist said:

A 'change' happened;  you can see this consequent change in the most recent synoptic magnetogram:

2006442922_MagnetogramAggregate.jpg.edf066a3c1488526644036fdd550c4de.jpg

Figure 1. The highlighted area in the above magnetogram is an aggregate of activity arising on the photosphere surface, at practically all latitudes.

Think of the 'aggregate of activity' highlighted in Figure 1 as a large 'torsional oscillation' within the solar plasma, indicating the resonant-oscillator cavity is being tuned up...but for what, or how?  Is the Quality Factor of the resonant-oscillator cavity proceeding to rise in conjunction with the following planetary setup to occur around Dec. 28, 2019?:

1306321165_12-28-19setup.thumb.jpg.e873161fa8c395d148c83cf0617bf8ef.jpg

Figure 2.  Is the 'solar radio' and adjoining electromagnetic cavity resonator getting tuned in accordance with the above setup?

So is the 'planetary setup', presented above in Figure 2, offering opportunity for the sun to display a (significant-in-size) photospheric magnetic structure above the critical 32deg latitude? Stay 'tuned' to find out, and welcome to the new era of heliospheric forecasting.😁

I wonder if this will increase the odds for seeing a very strong quake or greater right around that time. The New Moon is on the 26th of Dec, and that is one of the positions where you will find a larger number of 5+ quakes occurring.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, goldminor said:

I wonder if this will increase the odds for seeing a very strong quake

Here is a question for you: do you think it is possible that a 'magnetic jolt' in the earth could be picked up by a satellite-based magnetometer which is facing earthward?  Since you are in California, you might want to pursue checking whether there is any statistical correlation with a 'marker' I stumbled across, as revealed in the thread titled, "Space Environment Monitor (SEM) 'Triggers' for Earthquake Alert Proxy".  Conversely, that 'trigger alert' spike in the earthward-facing magnetometer (discussed in that thread) could be induced by the solar wind.

2 hours ago, theartist said:

Here is a question for you: do you think it is possible that a 'magnetic jolt' in the earth could be picked up by a satellite-based magnetometer which is facing earthward?  Since you are in California, you might want to pursue checking whether there is any statistical correlation with a 'marker' I stumbled across, as revealed in the thread titled, "Space Environment Monitor (SEM) 'Triggers' for Earthquake Alert Proxy".  Conversely, that 'trigger alert' spike in the earthward-facing magnetometer (discussed in that thread) could be induced by the solar wind.

I distinctly remember that the Navy noticed a big emp signal from their large underwater detection grid at Monterey California prior to the 1989 Loma Prieta quake. Plus several years back I commented on WUWT about a strong quake somewhere, and a blogger named ren (Scandinavian solar guy) replied with a pic of a recent sharp swing down and up on one of the instruments recording solar activity. Will look that one up and get back to you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, goldminor said:

I distinctly remember that the Navy noticed a big emp signal from their large underwater detection grid at Monterey California prior to the 1989 Loma Prieta quake

The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake occurred on California’s Central Coast on October 17 at 5:04 p.m. local time.  The planetary setup on that date puts us in the vicinity of a Jupiter/Uranus superior conjunction.

10-17-1989.thumb.jpg.9ff0b77b00bc1bc40134a43404f139b2.jpg

(Note, we just learned over in the thread titled,  Space Environment Monitor (SEM) 'Triggers' for Earthquake Alert Proxy, that a Jupiter/Uranus superior conjunction was involved in the New Madrid earthquake of 1699, and as I just mentioned over there, a months-long set-up of a Jupiter/Uranus superior conjunction was involved in the resurrection of solar activity in 2017 during the decline phase of the weak Solar Cycle 24, as discussed in the thread titled, "Stochastic influence on solar cycle activity: planetary clocking?".)

Edited by theartist
  • Like 1

I don’t know the science however the patterns I see on usgs leading to a mag 6 and higher are Vanuatu, mid 4s  throughout the day, solar weather activity, and conjunctions. I’ve been on alert all day and will be again tomorrow. Never noticed if there was a new moon but I do know all these conjunctions in Capricorn are calling for a complete transformation. 

I’d love to know the significance of Vanuatu. That has puzzled me for years now. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jenn said:

I’d love to know the significance of Vanuatu.

A Wikipedia article says, "Earthquakes in Vanuatu are frequent and are sometimes accompanied by tsunami, though these events are not often destructive. The archipelago, which was formerly known as New Hebrides, lies atop a complex and active plate boundary in the southwestern Pacific Ocean." 🤓

55 minutes ago, Jenn said:

I do know all these conjunctions in Capricorn

Would you be willing to try and show me how to see a "conjunction in Capricorn" using jsOrrey😀 (Edit: I think I just figured it out.) When you say a "conjunction is in Capricorn", that refers to the time of year when the sun is in the constellation Capricorn, regardless of the planets involved and their direction of alignment, correct?

Edited by theartist

5 hours ago, theartist said:

Basically yes...but it is really long to explain and I am not sure to have understood the question.
For sure It seems that solar minimum can induce an increased sismogenic activity but the situation has to been analized. I have seen connection between peaks on Electromagnetic background level and earthquakes in this last year because I have observed data every day. 

In this moment I cannot reach data because Electromagnetic background level instrument parameter is not working (http://sosrff.tsu.ru/)

We can valuate everithing better during a really important conjunction on 26 december when Jupiter, seen from our planet, will disappear for many hours behind the Sun making a perfect helio-geo-congiunction. it will be a nice moment to study what will happen waiting 6 december and Saturn/Pluton heliocongiunciton to have a better view.

Enjoy :-)

Edited by Michele
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Michele said:

Basically yes...but it is really long to explain and I am not sure to have understood the question.
For sure It seems that solar minimum can induce an increased sismogenic activity but the situation has to been analized. I have seen connection between peaks on Electromagnetic background level and earthquakes in this last year because I have observed data every day. 

In this moment I cannot reach data because Electromagnetic background level instrument parameter is not working (http://sosrff.tsu.ru/)

We can valuate everithing better during a really important conjunction on 26 december when Jupiter, seen from our planet, will disappear for many hours behind the Sun making a perfect helio-geo-congiunction. it will be a nice moment to study what will happen waiting 6 december and Saturn/Pluton heliocongiunciton to have a better view.

Enjoy 🙂

Thanks for sharing the link. The date which you mention above will also be during the New Moon. Imo, the most likely time for strong quakes (5.0+) to strike is at the New Moon, the Full Moon, and at both mid points. I have watched the daily map for the last 8+ years. Researching Great Quakes there is serious correlation with this lunar triggering ability. Now with help from people like you with your information it may be possible to call a quake on the New Madrid within a 7 day window.

• Thanks 1

As I suspected I woke up this morning looked a USGS to see a 6.8 in Philippines and old faithful is chiming in. Two quakes 3.2 and a 3.4 which isn’t uncommon there but big enough to monitor.
The Sun opened up a coronal hole, there are conjunctions and Vanuatu was on the map setting it up. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, theartist said:

welcome to the new era of heliospheric forecasting.😁

On Feb 23, 1956, the largest Ground Level Event (GLE) was recorded in the trio of Solar Cycles 19-21.  It has been referred to as a 'granddaddy of GLE'. Three major solar-flare events--on Feb 10, Feb 17, and Feb 23--occurred in its planetary setup, presented in Figure 3 below.  

2-10-56.thumb.jpg.164a479fc34244a4d37a6050dc7c71bb.jpg2-23-56.thumb.jpg.449a8c6300fc49df1e6d5390e9d77bec.jpg

Figure 3. This was the planetary setup during SC19 when three major flare events occurred over the period Feb 10-23, 1956.

I hope to incorporate this type of analysis into the "SpaceWeatherLive.com Forum's SC25 Forecast"🤓☺️

Edited by theartist
Added url pointer to other thread.
  • Like 1

@ theartist ... I just noticed the annular moon event which will take place on the New Moon during the 26th. I also note that the path of this event will center line across Indonesia. Are we about to see the next great Indonesian quake? The last one was on 12/26/2004, and 227,000+ people died. The New and Full moons are the most likely moment for triggering large quakes. The moon sitting between the Earth and the sun also correlates with some of the great quakes of the past. I am going to spend the next several days in a more coordinated search for clues which point towards planetary alignments/quakes. I had already suspected that we are in a period of increased chances for a major quake, mainly on the NMSZ, over the next 90 days. That does not preclude the potential for significant quakes in other sensitive zones also being triggered by lunar/planetary alignments, imo. We are now 7 days away from finding out, if there is any merit to my thoughts.

• Like 1

Goldminor, our work in looking at sun & planetary alignment connections may be reciprocative to each of our particular investigations. Looking more deeply into sun/quake connections may have bigger, and more immediate, humanitarian consequences, though a better understanding of the sun's magnetic cycle, and any planetary connection to that, is important to spaceweather consequences overall.

I do think tidal/gravitational effects, with moon positioning included, will be a big factor in a sun/quake connection, whereas, specific planetary alignment effects on solar activity will likely be the result of less understood electromagnetic impedance changes within the heliosphere; although so far, sparse heliophysics investigations into these matters, per the scientific literature, have still been driven primarily under the assumption that gravitational cause/effects are paramount. 

Personally, I'm taken to the point of exhaustion trying to study and absorb so much information as it is, so I don't know how much I can help you directly in your specific investigation of the sun/earthquake connection, but the science can collectively progress if researchers keep an open mind to new understanding. 

Edited by theartist
  • Like 1

In the planetary setup of Figure 3 (above), there is some additional information left out that actually 'may' have important consequences.  (I say 'may', because currently all of this is a brand new, cutting-edge theory being shaped as I go.)  Figure 4 below includes more information on that 'setup': 

1198477322_2-23-56Pluto.thumb.jpg.09983ae95dafaf94af3950ce69df41c9.jpg1110615826_2-23-56Plutoecliptic.thumb.jpg.184853c24873768452bf6dc9c7c74ef9.jpg

Figure 4.  During peak years of the recent Gleissberg Cycle maxima, Pluto was more-removed from the ecliptic plane.

The broad thought here is that, even during 'low' solar activity epochs (i.e., the multi-cycle down-time of the tantalizing, yet temporally elusive, Gleissberg Cycle), the sun continues its resonant-discharge fusion-reactor process. However, changes in the impedance characteristics of the heliospheric resonating cavity affect how strongly its magnetic fields get 'displaced into space' (as a result of temporally-affected field-strength due to shape-perturbation of the Resonating Cavity.  I'm not exactly sure on the specifics of how the Quality Factor of the Resonating Cavity can be significantly impacted by Pluto's position, but if so, it probably has something to do with optimizing electrical flow in the heliospheric current sheet.)

Only after both Pluto has proceeded further away from the ecliptic, and Saturn is freed from 'entanglement influence' with Jupiter, will solar cycles swing back to above-average intensity.  Thus, Pluto (currently being near the ecliptic) actually may factor into why SC25 is, in essence, being suppressed, for now.

Edited by theartist
  • Like 1