Strange solar wind Density peaks

Michele

Hello.

I don't think that its possible that solar density peaks are errors of ACE how is written in the website. Other data connected to it are moving with it.

Perhaps on 8 August when the nuclear Russian missile exploded the solar wind activity the day before and the day after was strange. We have no data for 8 August! Missile exploded near North Pole where our geomagnetical protection is low. I suppose This solar wind is ''light" and it is Idrogenum maken.  

I observed that this kind of peaks are Common when when are present really little coronal holes on the Sun Surface.  I do not believe that what is now classified as a solar spot really is.

I link a screenshot about elettromagnetical ground level where we can see a lot of peaks to. 

Other Image is about little coronal holes on the Sun today. The coronal holes in the circle are maybe generators of solar density peaks.

Anyone knows what is happening? Anyone is studing what is happening? Yesterday was registered a Sunspot but probabile it was not.

I suppose that Uran  and other giants planets are "calling" Protons from the Sun...

Screenshot_2019-11-04-07-03-30.png

Screenshot_2019-11-04-10-13-43.png

Edited by Michele
New image
  • Like 1

I am not sure what the question is here but the solar wind is measured by a space craft far away from Earth at the Sun-Earth L1 point something like 1 million miles towards the Sun as seen from Earth's perspective. It is general knowledge that the huge spikes in the solar wind data which can be observed occasionally are a ACE specific issue. When DSCOVR was working, these high density spikes were never registered by DSCOVR.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Michele said:

I don't think that its possible that solar density peaks are errors of ACE how is written in the website. ... We have no data for 8 August!

You can find ACE data online.  Here is a plot for 8 August:

4day_plot20190809.thumb.gif.b474a71ad12086114b6eecb24f762771.gif

The UTC Day of Year for Aug 8 was 220.  Here is an example of a Day of Year calendar found online:

2104771682_DOYcalendar.thumb.jpg.24c338685e65fac8a1649bfe23428401.jpg

Here is a NASA article titled, "25 Years of Science in the Solar Wind" that may be useful.   It pertains to the WIND spacecraft rather than the ACE spacecraft, but some of the info is applicable.  The article gives one explanation for data 'spikes', as follows:

2. Interstellar Dust

In the early years of observations, scientists noticed something interesting happening with Wind’s electric field detectors aboard the mission. Every now and then, a large spike would appear in the data. Eventually, scientists determined the spikes’ origin: hyper-fast dust particles impacting the spacecraft. When these dust particles hit Wind, they create tiny explosions of plasma on impact, which resulted in electric field spikes on the instruments. Such particles can come from inside or outside the solar system, but most interstellar particles are kept out due to the influence of the solar wind. We do not have many tools in space to detect them. So far Wind has measured well over 100,000 dust particle impacts. 

I observed that this kind of peaks are Common when when are present really little coronal holes on the Sun Surface. 

This might possibly be a good observation, where a correlation actually has a causation.  Determine whether the "little coronal holes" (or coronal holes lacking in number) correlate with low solar wind velocity and density (and also evaluate the wind magnetic fields secondarily, in this case).  If the solar wind is 'weak', then possibly, indeed, more Galactic Cosmic Ray 'dust' particles are streaming into the spacecraft, causing an increase in the spikes. 

Yesterday was registered a Sunspot but probabile it was not.

It was a weak spot that disappeared quickly.  We had another weak 'tiny-tim' spot on the equator today, that disappeared relatively quickly, and it had an extreme 'Joy's Law' orientation 🤓😁:

1155764220_atinypore.thumb.jpg.ec580a65a6c2db274e9486eba70484fa.jpg1123641560_atinyporeHMI.thumb.jpg.14368c7256b5ab8f31ecffa9e330c30f.jpg

Edited by theartist
phrasing

Thanks the Artist!

You have a big knowledge... I have some difficults to explain what I would say in English because topics are difficults. 

With your post I understood better everithing. Thanks for the link of ACE data for 8 of August because on this website they are missing. I would like to analyze the empty space in solar density and the Spike of low energy protons.

So..density peaks in ACE data are caused by cosmic rays that is different to be a specific issue. If Ace is hitted we are hitted to. I am ibserving this phenomena increasing in power from end of July. Yesterday was a day full of density peaks.

Everythime peaks appears there are really little coronal holes on the Sun and this short life "spot". So in these days magnetic power of Sun should be lower around us and cosmic rays can enter better in our zone.

So in this view should be possible cosmic Rays impact activated the Russian nuclear missile exploded in an accident the 8 of August. 

In that day (and around) Satellite Goes-14 recorded really High level of GT-2 electrons and ACE collected a big Spike on 7 August. They should  be connected to a "rainy" day of cosmic rays. They should be connected to the explosion...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Michele said:

I have some difficults to explain what I would say in English because topics are difficults. 

I can assure you that your English is a lot better than my Italian. 🤣

I would like to analyze the empty space in solar density and the Spike of low energy protons.

Here is where I found the ACE data.

If Ace is hitted we are hitted to.

Yeah, but.....the atmosphere HEAVILY modulates cosmic rays.  Only a relatively few high energy particles make it to ground.  What is experienced at earth's surface is a cascade of by-products from cosmic ray collisions with the atmosphere. Per this educational source"Cosmic rays do not directly hit the ground, but collide with the atoms of the high atmosphere. That creates lots of secondary particles: protons, neutrons, muons and electrons. Provided the primary particle has a minimum speed of about 200,000 km/s, two thirds of the speed of light, a significant number of secondary nucleons, muons and other particles can be detected by ground-based particle counters near the magnetic poles." (source)