Space Environment Monitor (SEM) 'Triggers' for Earthquake Alert Proxy

theartist

As an Intuitive Astrologer what I see coming in February is a little bleak with our leaders, the earth, and now with your data thrown in the mix it’s challenging my psyche to see what I see there. 

Full moon in Leo/Sun and New Moon in Pisces/Cosmic Love which signifies Trumps ascendant and descendant. Although he descends into Pisces on the cusp of Aquarius where his fortune or what I call a “bulls eye”. 

Oddly enough when I pull all 50 points his points look like a diagram of a 6 pointed star. 😯 This is only the surface of what all I’m uncovering. Its way too deep and rich in mysticism and symbolism. Just wouldn’t be appropriate for this forum. But trust me... I’m following what all you guys are putting here and trying to make sense of what I see as well. So thank you for opening up my position here with what is being revealed to me via Gnosis. 

I agree 💯 something could erupt the next two weeks. Time will tell. 

21 hours ago, Jenn said:

As an Intuitive Astrologer what I see coming in February is a little bleak with our leaders, the earth, and now with your data thrown in the mix it’s challenging my psyche to see what I see there. 

The week of the full moon should be a time for major quakes/eruptions, from the 7th through the 11th. Mercury will be oppo Mars on the 8th. Let's see how powerful swift Mercury is. Plus a Saturn/Pluto conjunction.

Also of interest just noticed that the max and min points of the Oulo graph correlate with major eruptions/quakes. The min on June 1991 is when Pinatubo had its last major eruption which cooled the planet for 2+ years. The max of Dec 2009 is when the second major Sumatra quake struck on the 23rd. That was the day before the first quarter, and during an 8 day lunar phase. Feb 15th to the 23rd will be an 8 day lunar phase with the new moon being on the 23rd. The 23rd should be a prime day for a major event. Lots of correlation in all of that as Oulo is currently at its second highest max point at the moment close to 2009.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 7:47 AM, goldminor said:

Health wise, I recently purchased several herbal remedies to strengthen the heart and kidneys. The products come from India, and so far the two heart related remedies have been effective in keeping my blood pressure stable. That is definitely a good result.

O/T but interesting. It has been 7 full days since I received the herbal remedies. The strained/tight muscles are completely gone as of 2 days ago. The ache and weakness in my left arm is almost faded away as well. The other day I was able to lift a concrete block off of the ground in one motion. The block weighed around 110 pounds. I only weigh around 138 pounds at this time. These Indian ayurvedic remedies work. The two are arjuna, mainly for the heart, and land caltrops mainly for the kidneys. Amazing products.

Just now, goldminor said:

The strained/tight muscles

In my neck muscles. Somehow that disappeared when posting.

On 2/2/2020 at 8:41 AM, goldminor said:

Also of interest just noticed that the max and min points of the Oulo graph correlate with major eruptions/quakes. The min on June 1991 is when Pinatubo had its last major eruption which cooled the planet for 2+ years. The max of Dec 2009 is when the second major Sumatra quake struck on the 23rd. That was the day before the first quarter, and during an 8 day lunar phase. Feb 15th to the 23rd will be an 8 day lunar phase with the new moon being on the 23rd. The 23rd should be a prime day for a major event. Lots of correlation in all of that as Oulo is currently at its second highest max point at the moment close to 2009.

More along this line, the quake in January 2010 which devastated Haiti struck right at, or shortly after the 2009/10 peak on the Oulo graph.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jenn said:

Totally agree and I’ll add, Mercury is a game changer. My opinion of course. 

A zippy little fellow, for sure which I suppose explains why it shows up so often in oppo's and conj's for major quakes. Take a look at the planetary alignments for the Haiti quake on 1/2009. Note the mainly diagonal position of that group of planets. This is the fourth major quake which has a very similar pattern. That is highly unlikely to be coincidental, imo. In fact I would point to that as a first step in finding correlation with planetary alignments and major quakes/eruptions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenn said:

Yes he is 😂

Keep digging, time will tell all. So, do you also see any pattern with Solar activity and or moon correlation there, or no? 

Solar activity is firmly locked in as the main correlation. That should hold in place through this year. The moon is also going to remain as a main influence at every quarter. That never changes. So it is the sun in this low phase which enhances the lunar quarterly effects, imo.

12 hours ago, goldminor said:

Solar activity is firmly locked in as the main correlation.

Something of note, just noted a series of 9 quakes in 45 minutes striking at six locations globally. In opening SW just now I could not help but take note of the rapid decline and rise in hemispheric power on the front page which occurs just prior to this series of quakes. The series ran from 2:01 UTC to 2:45 UTC.

Here we are again at  a high probability time for a major quake/s or eruption. The USGS global map is showing odd changes in the daily rate over the last week. Tomorrow starts prime time through to the 11th. Plus the current lunar phase is in a 8 day pattern. So many intersecting forces coming together without taking into consideration the potential for planetary alignments to also lend something into that mix.

• Like 1

While I do not have a comment on the speculations in this thread, I would like to make a note that USGS does not report on Earthquakes nearly as often as EMSC, which reports on 2.0+ quakes globally and 1.0+ in Europe. It is also very common for Earthquake activity to "surge" following any global quakes of magnitude 7.0+, as tectonic stresses build and relax as a result of plate shifting.

I would also ask that non-scientific commentary be kept to yourselves(Trump?) for the sake of clarity for those reading. Thank you.

Please use this as a more accurate tool in your seismic research: https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/?view=1

We are aware of the different seismic channels, I’d imagine. Please join the discussion if you’d like but there isn’t a need for input not within the scope of the original post. Trump has nothing to do with it, for sure. ✌🏼 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

While I do not have a comment on the speculations in this thread, I would like to make a note that USGS does not report on Earthquakes nearly as often as EMSC, which reports on 2.0+ quakes globally and 1.0+ in Europe. It is also very common for Earthquake activity to "surge" following any global quakes of magnitude 7.0+, as tectonic stresses build and relax as a result of plate shifting.

I would also ask that non-scientific commentary be kept to yourselves(Trump?) for the sake of clarity for those reading. Thank you.

Please use this as a more accurate tool in your seismic research: https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/?view=1

I occasionally monitor what EMSC is showing. However, I have been watching the USGS daily map for the last 8 years. I use their above 2.5 for North America, and above 4.0 for the rest of the globe. So the USGS daily has become my main tool of referencing changing rates, and I am tuned into that. This is comparable to choosing an instrument of choice for observations. I see no value in observing the smaller quakes below 2.5 mag in regards to my focus on  how much effect lunar phases have on the daily quake map. Secondary to that is impacts from the sun such as the comment from last night. Did that sudden shift in hemispheric power output cause the high rate of 9 quakes in 45 minutes? And more importantly, the effects of this current solar minimum.

There haven't been any quakes above 6.0+ in the last seven days. Yet there has been unusual changes in the daily rate over the last week. So no very strong quakes yet a good bit of change in the 24 hour rate. Yes, I am aware that very strong quakes can and will affect the 24 rate. At times a very strong quake appears to shut down the rest of the planet for quakes over 2.5 on the North American side, and 4.0+ quakes for the rest of the planet. Lastly, you have been the only one to mention politics here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goldminor said:

Lastly, you have been the only one to mention politics here.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:54 AM, Jenn said:

Full moon in Leo/Sun and New Moon in Pisces/Cosmic Love which signifies Trumps ascendant and descendant.

You were saying?

Anyway, small quakes provide just as meaningful signals as large ones, in the grand scheme of things. What I see here is irrational bias towards arbitrary scales of events. There has been no effort in the last few pages to draw a scientific hypothesis relating seismic activity to data from our instruments in space :( Astrology is also remarkably superstitious, as any astrophysicist will tell you... Sorry to halt your narrative.

It’s sentiments like yours which keep a field in stagnation because of preconceived beliefs and bias. If you do not understand how Astrology fits in, time will show you. If you cannot understand the ancients used mathematics and astrology as a science, or understand how it worked so well that physicists are understanding what they knew, you’re being too biased with your studies. 
It’s never a pleasure when I meet people like you online. It makes me sad for the human race. To quiet someone like me by talking down as if I don’t have intellect or feelings, is disheartening as well. To have a conversation about seismic activity and unseen realms must freighten you? Dark matter isn’t so dark and energy fields are making themself known. Time will show you that you didn’t know all that you thought you knew. ✌🏼 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

You were saying?

You addressed your remark to me. Note that I have stuck with my concept in all of my comments. Also note, that I have not engaged in any thoughts about astrology. I am here in respect to the beginning of this thread which has to do with solar/quake correlations, if any.

I see good correlation with points of the lunar phase causing stronger quakes, and also affecting the 24 hour rate of quakes. Of special interest to me is the correlation between major quakes on the New Madrid Seismic Zone, and solar cycles. Every major quake on the NMSZ has struck during a solar minimum/Gleissberg/grand minimum combination, and in the winter. The timing is about right for another one. Note that I did well forecasting the specific days where a very strong to major quake would occur over the last several months.

• Like 1

I pointed out that I was not the person who mentioned anything political. I did not address my comment to anyone in particular. You are not the only person on this thread making comments, Goldminor. If you cannot see that, then there is nothing in writing that I can say which you will treat fairly. Acting as though you are being antagonized or targeted is very much a deterrent for logical, fair conversation.

16 hours ago, Jenn said:

It’s sentiments like yours which keep a field in stagnation because of preconceived beliefs and bias. If you do not understand how Astrology fits in, time will show you. If you cannot understand the ancients used mathematics and astrology as a science, or understand how it worked so well that physicists are understanding what they knew, you’re being too biased with your studies. 
It’s never a pleasure when I meet people like you online. It makes me sad for the human race. To quiet someone like me by talking down as if I don’t have intellect or feelings, is disheartening as well. To have a conversation about seismic activity and unseen realms must freighten you? Dark matter isn’t so dark and energy fields are making themself known. Time will show you that you didn’t know all that you thought you knew. ✌🏼 

My sentiment is to use all available sources of information which can be free of superstition, political commentary, and disproven beliefs about our universe. Astrologers of ancient times believed the Earth is flat, and that it is the center of the universe. Are you to say that you believe this as well, despite being mathematically proven to be false? Am I biased because I believe in the math and theorems which prove this false? The same theorems which has allowed humanity to travel into Space and beyond? The same math which allowed humans to travel to the Moon, land, then leave the Moon and make it safely back to Earth?

It is not my concern what you think of me, personally; backpedaling, soothsaying, asking loaded questions, and committing ad hominem attacks is well within your right. However, it doesn't make you right. As I have said before, any Astrophysicist will tell you that Astrology is superstitious, and will give you several reasons why, if you're still open to a rational discussion after the fact. Based on this voracious reaction and personal affront towards me, I believe you do not have the capacity to learn anything about the universe.

At the very least, "theartist" and "goldminor" have caught on to the well-intentioned idea that the positions of planets in the Solar System have an observable influence on phenomenon such as Sunspots and Coronal Holes. This is perhaps a new frontier for research of stars like our own Sun, and it makes me very excited! However, when the conversation turns to "something big is going to happen," this is more akin to fear-mongering and blind prediction than it is to tying together a rational, cohesive hypothesis for what "it all means."

The most important thing to understand is that for everything we learn about the universe, the abyss of our ignorance grows. Settling with an idea and thinking it will explain everything is denial of this ignorance.

I wish to return the discussion back to the original topic: The plunge in EPEAD Electrons preceding a relatively massive Earthquake. Now, I cannot as fluently transcribe images and information as "theartist" has, so bear with me.

I've looked a bit back in time for a short period of seismic activity, in which quakes of magnitude 6.5+ occurred within a single month. The dates fall within August 2018:

spacer.png

The month of September, 2018 also shows similar volume of relatively frequent seismic activity:

spacer.png

Now let's look at GOES-15 readings for each month, respectively, with a bit of information highlighted: 

MaGggR5.png

What is seen here is a direct correlation between M6.5+ quakes(an arbitrary scale I selected) and the SEM of GOES-15. It appears that within a 7 day period, a plunge in EPEAD Electrons precedes a large earthquake. It does not appear that these plunge in response to, or as a result of, the large earthquakes, but instead display a meaningful signal as to an event that has yet to occur. 

I've left out the August 5th, 2018 M6.9 Quake near Indonesia as there is no data above to suggest a correlation; I believe there is a margin of error as a result of our technological limitations in reading and estimating the actual magnitude of events surrounding, and directly involving massive earthquakes. The larger they are in grand scale, however, the more obvious and measurable the signal.

On August 11th, 2018, a noticeable, but relatively small plunge in EPEAD Electrons was seen by GOES-15, preceding a pair of quakes not shown above, at Northern Alaska. These were M6.4 and then M6.0, respectively.

On August 15th, 2018, there was a dramatic EPEAD Electrons plunge, just before a "series" of quakes began. Just after this, M6.6 quake struck Andreanof Islands near Alaska, and is the beginning of a series of quakes with less than ~5 days of a gap between one another. 

(Not Shown) On August 17th, 2018, a deep M6.5 strikes under Flores Sea, and 8 hours afterward, a M6.1 strikes Costa Rica.

On August 19th, 2018, a M8.2 quake struck Fiji at a depth of 558km, followed by 2 M6.5+ quakes in relatively near proximity(tectonic vicinity). A spike of XS X-Rays is seen.

Two days later, August 21st, 2018, a M7.3 hits Venezuela and within 61 minutes of that, a M6.5 hits Vanuatu. The signals from GOES-15 are quite saturated at this point; The geomagnetic sensor tops out both the He-1 and Hp-1 values for nearly the entirety of the 21st. Perhaps there is induced tectonic stress from fluctuation of the geomagnetic field? A spike, and then a consistent elevated value of XS X-Rays is seen, with a small correlative rise of XL X-Rays.

On August 24th, 2018, A M7.1 strikes at the border of Peru-Brazil. This is likely connected to the quake which hit Venezuela three days earlier.

From August 24th, 2018 to ~August 26th, 2018, GOES-15 sensors detect a rise in XS and XL X-Rays; the XL X-Rays rise and fall as an arc in the graph, and the XS X-Rays intermittently spike in tandem with the sudden rise and fall of the XL X-Rays. At the end of the XL X-Ray arc, the XS X-Rays elevate a meaningful amount, the EPEAD Protons spike positively and negatively, the EPEAD Electrons plunge dramatically, and the He-1 and Hn-1 values of the geomagnetic sensor spike inversely to each other - all approximately simultaneously. From then, the X-Rays in the sensor read like a wave; the XS X-Rays have elevated from 10^-9 to 10^-8, and are gradually increasing and decreasing per 24-hour cycles in tandem with the XL X-Rays. This pattern continues into the next month, as well as showing a decline in total values for XL and XS X-Rays(see how the wave "descends"?)

On August 29th, 2018, a M7.1 strikes several hundred miles south of Vanuatu, near New Caldonia. This serves as an end to the signals I just described above, excluding the wave-like pattern of X-Ray readings. This is also after the dramatic plunge in EPEAD Electrons, but is not likely the main event these signals have forewarned us of.

Let us move on to September, 2018: 

jtk2PZf.png

There is a lot to unpack here as well, but I've spent a few hours composing this post and I'm a bit too weary to go through it with as much detail. Note that seismological data is often classified by the direct impact on civilization it causes, owing to a bias towards humanity, and a bias against pure, unfiltered data. Also note that these may appear "small" based on seismograph data, but could be a lot deeper or more impactful in ways that are not felt here at the surface.

We see the EPEAD Electrons continuously wane away from the high of the previous month, with notable plunges preceding two relatively major quakes. It seems that the SEM signals are foretelling the M7.8 at Fiji, or quakes in the near future. There is also a plunge on the 11th that does not precede any major Earthquake within 6 days, yet a M6.5 strikes near Fiji towards the end of a few anomalous signals. 

The boxes on this screenshot are meant to illustrate deviations from patterns, and in several instances, these begin or end in correlation with a relatively large quake. I was a bit loose with the placement of the boxes, but you get the idea, hopefully.

(Not Shown) There was an M6.0 on the tectonic plate boundary between the African plate and the Antarctic plate on September 18th, 2018 which has correlation to the EPEAD Proton fluctuation, EPEAD Electron pattern disruption, and the end of an X-Ray pattern which began immediately following the September 10th, 2018 M6.9 near Kermadec Islands. 

There was also a M6.4 quake near the Mariana Trench on September 23rd, 2018, which has correlation to EPEAD Electrons plunge, EPEAD Proton fluctuation, and occurred roughly 24 hours after a change in X-Rays patterns.

The September 10th, 2018 Kermadec Islands quake like triggered a "distant aftershock" near Loyalty Islands of M6.3, about 15 hours later.

The M7.5 quake near Indonesia on September 28th, 2018 had a foreshock of M6.1, 3 hours prior. If following with the trend of other SEM signals and their correlation to seismic activity, this should serve as a more "official" beginning or end of the patterns seen in GOES-15 SEM data, however, the only correlation seen in this instance is with the X-Ray patterns. This roughly aligns with the end of one pattern and the beginning of another, which persists in spite of the M6.6 at Fiji on September 30th, 2018.

In brief conclusion, I believe with enough study of the history of data from GOES-15 sensors, and of reported seismic activity of an arbitrary scale similar to what I chose, we may find a causality for the signals shown from the SEM data. Maybe merely plugging in data about the Sun, IMF, and planetary positions could unravel some mysteries.

Edited by Christopher S.
Added some information.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Christopher S. said:

I wish to return the discussion back to the original topic: The plunge in EPEAD Electrons preceding a relatively massive Earthquake.

Rather, the specific SEM signal mentioned in the original topic was a "dramatic plunge in the EPEAD Electrons [to values <10^1 e/(cm^2 s sr)] in conjunction with a sharp rise in the 'He-1' Magnetometer signal (to values >= ~100nT)." 

So here is a list of each of those criteria, happening in conjunction with each other, mentioned in the original post to this topic:

1. a dramatic plunge in the EPEAD electrons;
  2. EPEAD electrons falling to values <10^1 e/(cm^2 s sr);
  3. a sharp rise in specifically the 'He-1' Magnetometer signal;
  4. 'He-1' Magnetometer (specifically) signal approaching/exceeding ~100nT.

However, possibly there are even less discriminatory criteria in the SEM signals associated with massive earthquakes, as you suggest.  

1 hour ago, theartist said:

Rather, the specific SEM signal mentioned in the original topic was a "dramatic plunge in the EPEAD Electrons [to values <10^1 e/(cm^2 s sr)] in conjunction with a sharp rise in the 'He-1' Magnetometer signal (to values >= ~100nT)." 

So here is a list of each of those criteria, happening in conjunction with each other, mentioned in the original post to this topic:

1. a dramatic plunge in the EPEAD electrons;
  2. EPEAD electrons falling to values <10^1 e/(cm^2 s sr);
  3. a sharp rise in specifically the 'He-1' Magnetometer signal;
  4. 'He-1' Magnetometer (specifically) signal approaching/exceeding ~100nT.

However, possibly there are even less discriminatory criteria in the SEM signals associated with massive earthquakes, as you suggest.  

Not to overuse the word, but there is definitely bias when looking for specific criteria that are not scientifically proven to be real, nor have been shown to manifest in describable, cohesive ways. My method of study is to make note of all signals, or rather alterations to a constant, seemingly stable state which makes it chaotic, or rather, unstable. From that mindset, it is more simple to look around for other data collected by various instruments at around the same time or within an objectively short timeframe(as in, within days or weeks) to either rule out positive, directly correlative signaling, or to "unmask" previously unseen or unrecognized signaling.

By your hypothesis, you've narrowed down common parameters to be able to tie together signals and events. In contrast, by my observations of data, I have excluded these parameters to be more flexible in (loosely)describing the types of signals which precede certain events of relatively significant magnitude - events which can be seen, felt, and recorded across several types of instruments and directly felt by people on Earth. Such events as Earthquakes which are given an arbitrary scale to describe the range of impact, but this scale fails to describe the dynamics of the event. It is only when multiple instruments located in many different locations record data and then the data is compiled in front of a specialized scientist, or several, can more details be extrapolated. 

This data from SEM can be related to Earthquakes, and therefore should be "plugged in", so to speak, to events which are within its domain. Could the fluctuation and alteration of X-Ray patterns be a direct result of tectonic plate shift? Does a rise and fall of EPEAD Electrons, whether in the timeframe of 24 hours or across an entire month, determine the likelihood for major quakes? I feel that questions of this nature can be answered by spending a bit more time on this subject - a subject which I believe should remain more fluid/loose while one's accepted criteria can be demonstrably proven as coincidental, rather than causal or compulsory. What can several people accomplish by working together and looking very hard between thin lines of distinction - distinction of signal from noise - I ask?

Consider NASA in the late 1960's. The US is losing the Space Race, and haven't been the first to do anything. They're trying new things, and have a massive spending budget to keep trying in spite of failures. They're operating on the frontier of science of the time: Rocket Science. With data collected from experiments, tests, and real attempts at space missions, by 1969 we landed a man(actually, two) on the moon, surveyed the environment, got them off of the moon, and brought them home intact and alive. That took the collective genius of not just the men and women working for the agency, but for every scientist preceding this event throughout history, who had ideas, but more importantly, breakthroughs of understanding which uncovered and decoded what was once pure mysticism, shining light upon sectors of unknowns, expanding the perimeters of our ignorance but also the total area of our knowledge.

That is fundamentally no different from you and I here, giving our mind's efforts to the public as we speculate and draw lines on graphs to illustrate what we personally perceive from them. I honestly have hopes that it will inspire a third, then a fourth, to the nth degree, a new mind to join in and offer their mind to the common cause: figuring out the universe. This forum tucked away on a website dedicated to aurora observation is a launch pad for speculative, loosely-bound science - launching readers headlong towards a frontier and uncovering questions we didn't know how to even ask. That is what I'm personally here for and I support "theartist" in what he/she is trying to accomplish in spite of the particularly hobbyist premise that this website operates on. That premise is pretty colors in the sky, educating people about what causes them, and providing information that can help visitors predict whether or not staying up through the night will payoff with a fantastic light show of planetary scale. This alone ought to invoke a deep sense of scientific curiosity, and this forum deserves to be the port from which to sail off into the unknown.

That ended up being a lot more of a persuasion piece than an expansion on the idea of the criteria originally stated at the start of the topic vs. my idea of ebb and flow of patterns in response to, as a result of, or in coincidence to major earthquakes.

1 hour ago, Christopher S. said:

In brief conclusion, I believe with enough study of the history of data from GOES-15 sensors, and of reported seismic activity of an arbitrary scale similar to what I chose, we may find a causality for the signals shown from the SEM data. Maybe merely plugging in data about the Sun, IMF, and planetary positions could unravel some mysteries.

Yes.  If anyone is interested in doing the hard science, before even to start looking more deeply as to the reasons why any trigger signals may be occurring (due to planetary positions, the Russell-McPherson effect, etc.), they should start from the beginning to objectively determine if any correlation exists beyond coincidence.  

To convince/assure there is no cherry-picking of data, let's pull up readily confirmed data sources. Here is a list of worldwide earthquakes over the past 10 years taken from the wikipedia article titled, List of earthquakes in 2019:

spacer.png

Firstly, notice in the above data that there does not seem to be any significant trend in big earthquakes between solar minimum and solar maximum.  (Do we all agree on that point?)

So then, to those that want to participate in an open (objective) 'science' project, I suggest to first start with the top row (i.e., quakes 8.0-9.9) and see how often any 'trigger signal correlations' (whatever they may be) show up in the SEM data.

8 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

I pointed out that I was not the person who mentioned anything political. I did not address my comment to anyone in particular. You are not the only person on this thread making comments, Goldminor. If you cannot see that, then there is nothing in writing that I can say which you will treat fairly. Acting as though you are being antagonized or targeted is very much a deterrent for logical, fair conversation.

In no way do I feel "antagonized or targeted". Sorry for responding to your words.

1 hour ago, theartist said:

Yes.  If anyone is interested in doing the hard science, before even to start looking more deeply as to the reasons why any trigger signals may be occurring (due to planetary positions, the Russell-McPherson effect, etc.), they should start from the beginning to objectively determine if any correlation exists beyond coincidence.  

To convince/assure there is no cherry-picking of data, let's pull up readily confirmed data sources. Here is a list of worldwide earthquakes over the past 10 years taken from the wikipedia article titled, List of earthquakes in 2019:

spacer.png

Firstly, notice in the above data that there does not seem to be any significant trend in big earthquakes between solar minimum and solar maximum.  (Do we all agree on that point?)

So then, to those that want to participate in an open (objective) 'science' project, I suggest to first start with the top row (i.e., quakes 8.0-9.9) and see how often any 'trigger signal correlations' (whatever they may be) show up in the SEM data.

To this end, I offer these images and a few immediate, yet indeterminate conclusions. The first image is a list detailing M6.0+ earthquakes of the month of May 2019, when the only >=8.0 earthquake had occurred.

Cg1te3D.png

You may notice these boxes surrounding the magnitudes of certain events. Correlation between these quakes and the SEM is positive, while the others are either iffy or non-existent, based on criteria described by "theartist" earlier, and by my criteria of "visibly significant or disruptive to a pattern." The second image is of the SEM Summary of that month, with boxes separating M6.0 quakes or greater, and the boxes terminate upon the succeeding earthquake. These boxes are meant to represent the distinction of signals leading up to quakes, and of course no longer provide a meaningful, preceding signal once the quake occurs, so the box "resets":

J8wBF9Z.png

The quakes I have highlighted in the first image are shown to have signals, while the biggest quake, the M8.0 that struck Peru(red box), doesn't share the "signal strength" of the lesser quake signals from SEM.

For starters, the May 12th M6.1 near Panama and the May 14th M7.5 near P.N.Guinea bear a feature much like an arch in the graph above, with obvious signals from EPEAD Electron readings preceding them, in addition to He-1 and Hn-1 signaling. The only other significant signaling for this month in the same manner is the May 30th M6.6 near El Salvador and the M6.0 near Fiji. There were four M5.0-M5.2 quakes on May 29th, where the third dramatic EPEAD Electron plunge of this month is seen.

The most obvious feature and deduction from the second image is that the M8.0 quake has no immediately obvious, discernible signals of any kind, while lesser quakes indeed do.

My observations have led me to these conclusions:

1. The magnitude of the Earthquake does not necessarily determine "signal strength"
  2. Upon each M6.0 or greater event, the "pattern" of daily cycles of EPEAD Electron density "resets" or attempts to find a new, stable pattern(process takes up to 12 hours)
  3. The geomagnetic field signals always accompanies EPEAD Electron signals, in that there are sudden spikes or plunges for the duration of the signal.
  4. Signal duration lasts between 2-12 hours, roughly

Of course, new information can sway these conditions and alter the outlook on this particular set of data. For instance, looking at the next month and comparing it to this one, or simply going back to 2017 and viewing the month of the M8.0+ quake to determine signals leading up to it, as well as any signal for the main event.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, goldminor said:

In no way do I feel "antagonized or targeted". Sorry for responding to your words.

Then I read the rest of your comment. Thanks for joining the conversation.

8 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

The most important thing to understand is that for everything we learn about the universe, the abyss of our ignorance grows. Settling with an idea and thinking it will explain everything is denial of this ignorance.

Over the years of my studying climate related material, I have taken note several times that a sharp change in solar influences appeared to strongly correlate with a recent very strong or major quake. A blogger who uses the avatar name "ren" posted some into in response to mt remark showing me the relevant solar interaction such as you posted above. Ren is one of you, and has made some very interesting points over the years in comments at WUWT. Funny, I was the only one who was able to interpret his remarks as he struggled with his English usage. When others queried ren as to "What did you say", I would come along and flesh out his comment for all to understand. I am not one of your kind yet I possess some interesting abilities. Mainly, I have a very good ability to read/interpret graphs, and I have an ability to connect dots at times even when the dots are few and far between. That may help you in understanding how I work.

The only credential which I can claim is that I scored 155 on the IQ test. Math was my easy subject back in the 1960s, but social changes at the end of the 1960s disrupted my trajectory. Yet here I am now with 11+ years of following the climate story, and many thousands of hours under my belt as a result. I am glad that I made this journey as I realize that this is always where I was supposed to be.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:17 PM, Christopher S. said:

The most obvious feature and deduction from the second image is that the M8.0 quake has no immediately obvious, discernible signals of any kind, while lesser quakes indeed do.

Of course, new information can sway these conditions and alter the outlook on this particular set of data. For instance, looking at the next month and comparing it to this one, or simply going back to 2017 and viewing the month of the M8.0+ quake to determine signals leading up to it, as well as any signal for the main event.

Well, hold on, maybe one does not need to go back that far back to see any possible trigger signals.  I say this after looking at this month of data you pulled.  (Incidentally, this is the first time I've closely looked at this month of data, and yet, again, my mind is somewhat blown!)  

Look at April May 14: do you see that dramatic plunge in the EPEAD electrons in conjunction with a sharp rise in specifically the 'He-1' Magnetometer signal.  Based on my limited experience in looking at this type of GOES data (as I said elsewhere, I just somewhat casually stumbled upon the trigger signal I describe in the original post to this thread), those huge spikes in the He-1 Magnetometer are out-of-the-ordinary.  So then, was there any abnormal earthquake response to that rather dramatic whamo-whipsaw in the He-1 Magnetometer?  Maybe...YES! On April May 14: a 7.5 in New Britain Region, P.N.G.!  

Nonetheless, the 8.0 did not occur until 12 days later.  But possibly the huge seismic stress-release from the 7.5 quake had something to do with that?

Edited by theartist

8 minutes ago, theartist said:

Nonetheless, the 8.0 did not occur until 12 days later.  But possibly the huge seismic stress-release from the 7.5 quake had something to do with that?

The moon started its last quarter on that day, and the lunar phase was an 8 day long phase on either side of that date. Also the ongoing solar minimum is imo, a time for greater earth events. That should all be added into the equation, so to speak.

2 hours ago, theartist said:

Well, hold on, maybe one does not need to go back that far back to see any possible trigger signals.  I say this after looking at this month of data you pulled.  (Incidentally, this is the first time I've closely looked at this month of data, and yet, again, my mind is somewhat blown!)  

Look at April 14: do you see that dramatic plunge in the EPEAD electrons in conjunction with a sharp rise in specifically the 'He-1' Magnetometer signal.  Based on my limited experience in looking at this type of GOES data (as I said elsewhere, I just somewhat casually stumbled upon the trigger signal I describe in the original post to this thread), those huge spikes in the He-1 Magnetometer are out-of-the-ordinary.  So then, was there any abnormal earthquake response to that rather dramatic whamo-whipsaw in the He-1 Magnetometer?  Maybe...YES! On April 14: a 7.5 in New Britain Region, P.N.G.!  

I got confused for a moment, as I believe you meant May 14th instead of April 14th. Maybe the types of stored energy(such as potential kinetic energy) manifest in more unique ways than we realize, and not all Earthquakes within the same category(such as tectonic mega-thrust) have the same dynamics as others of the same breed.

1 hour ago, goldminor said:

The moon started its last quarter on that day, and the lunar phase was an 8 day long phase on either side of that date. Also the ongoing solar minimum is imo, a time for greater earth events. That should all be added into the equation, so to speak.

I'm very much open to new ideas, so forgive me if what I'm about to say comes off as narrow-minded or contrarian.

As we understand it, as in the scientific community at large understands it, the phases of the moon have no bearing on anything besides where and how a shadow is cast across the Lunar surface. What is more important to consider is the position of the moon before, during, and after seismic events. Tidal stresses, and even electrostatic discharge as the moon passes through Earth's magnetotail can both play a definite role in events here on Earth. While it can be seen that the Moon beginning a quarter phase is associated with some seismic events, this is more a result of the tidal forces of the Sun and Moon canceling one another out. This does not directly relate to the "phase" as much as it does to this being a quadrature - a point in which the Sun and Moon are at a 90º angle to the Earth.

Quadrature_(astronomy).png 

Could you describe a phenomenon or influence that a particular phase of the moon can induce here on Earth? From my understanding, there is only variance in the amount of light reflecting from the Moon towards Earth. I cannot find anything about what you are talking about, nor have I ever been explained to the significance of the phases of the moon.

I want to add that in a matter of days from now, the moon with be in a western quadrature configuration, or Last Quarter phase. Perhaps we will be able to see a seismic event in this timeframe and thus give more credence to the idea of Lunar phase influence!

Edited by Christopher S.