Very active zone begins to be seen; Cycle 24 continues to give war?

Rubén Vázquez

Little by little I am learning new things, some thanks to the work of this page that is seen that is thrown with passion.

Thanks to the creators, administrators and participants for giving birth to this little-explored world of solar activity.

In the images we can already see a powerful active zone emerging that will soon face the earth.

I think I remember (correct me if I'm wrong) that if the spots emerge near the equator, they belong to the previous solar cycle that still burns fuel and that usually stays longer in low cycles.

I understand that this zone belongs to the cycle 24 ?.

Apart from this. It seems very active and capable of causing important coronal mass ejections.

Where can I find information about the concrete forecast of this active zone, to know especially what days it is estimated that it will be more facing the earth.

I still have a lot to learn, because until now my concerns have focused on the earth's climate.

But it is precisely knowing and feeling that I have many things to discover, which makes me feel more alive.

Thank you very much and congratulations for this wonderful website.

zone1.png

zone2.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rubén Vázquez said:

Where can I find information about the concrete forecast of this active zone, to know especially what days it is estimated that it will be more facing the earth.

Ruben, Dr. Strong has recently produced a video on this arriving area here:  

In addition, he just released a video on the NOAA/NASA forecast for SC25:

Here on spaceweatherlive.com, in the following thread, I provided a bio of Dr. Strong that I quickly found online.

Hello Ruben. This group is old sunspot region 2737. It belongs to SC24. This group consists of only one sunspot it seems at the moment and lots of faculae so thats an indicator that is has decayed. It does not look likely that it can produce much flare activity. The Sun rotates around its axis in about 27 days so you can calculate it will face Earth in about six to seven days or so. Thanks for the comments about our website. Means a lot to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at latest magnetogram, the majority of the region seems simple in magnetic structure (beta). But the region is still close to the limb to determine the precise magnetic classification. Looking at the increased background flux and small flares of today it looks like a C-class flare is a possibility but that's nothing out of the ordinary. We'll know more in the forthcoming days when the magnetic structure can be seen better. 

• Like 2

28 minuten geleden, gozzak zei:

Wow, this thing is HUGE. 

That thing ain't huge, ok the Earth itself fits in there a few times but still... We have seen much more bigger groups than this fairly magnetically simple region. Browse in our archive to October 24th 2014 and take a look at region 12192; that's one huge fella there :) . Just to say that this is a normal sized region.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 8:35 PM, theartist said:

Ruben, Dr. Strong has recently produced a video on this arriving area here:  

In addition, he just released a video on the NOAA/NASA forecast for SC25:

Here on spaceweatherlive.com, in the following thread, I provided a bio of Dr. Strong that I quickly found online.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, Marcel de Bont said:

Hello Ruben. This group is old sunspot region 2737. It belongs to SC24. This group consists of only one sunspot it seems at the moment and lots of faculae so thats an indicator that is has decayed. It does not look likely that it can produce much flare activity. The Sun rotates around its axis in about 27 days so you can calculate it will face Earth in about six to seven days or so. Thanks for the comments about our website. Means a lot to us.

Thank you for your answers and for helping me learn more about our king star.

a hug.

• Like 1