Does Solar & Geomagnetic Activity Affect Health?

tailzzz24

I admittedly don't understand the physics behind Space Weather, but for at least 10 years I have been keeping day planners noting that day's activity and various symptoms. These symptoms can range from night sweats, to insomnia, to arthritic knee pain flareups, to teeth gritting, to a white coating on my tongue (increase in bacteria, thrush ruled out), to feeling agitated or overly emotional. I could go on and on. I should also note that I have epilepsy. After a while, myself a skeptic at first, I could not deny noticing a definitive correlation. In fact, if you were to lock me in a room, I could tell you when something significant was occurring or about to occur. CIRs, for instance, trigger night sweats for me. I would welcome the opportunity to prove this...a medical researcher along with an expert on Space Weather.

I've noticed research indicating a correlation between heart attacks and strokes. And it dawned on me one day that a healthy woman's menstrual period, we are told, 'averages 28 days'. Mine were always 27 days apart, and it takes the sun 27 days to make one full rotation. Coincidence?

We're electrical creatures, powered by the sun. We have long known that the tides respond to the moon. Might medical researchers be overlooking something 'key'? I see so little research being done on this, and practically none in the US.

I also am concerned with the increase in manmade EMFs...now microwaves from cell phones, wifi, and so forth. Could we eventually confuse the sun? My thinking is that the sun is our friend, here to keep every living thing healthy.

What do you think?

• Like 1

The Earth’s magnetosphere protects us from the space weather effects from the Sun and thus humans can survive on Earth. 

Current research shows negligible or no effects on the life on Earth itself, but it can be dangerous for astronauts who go beyond the protective magnetosphere into space. Astronauts survived the influences from space, although no space walks are done during a solar radiation storm because that would harm astronauts because their unprotected.

Other reasearch is done on neutrinos (from cosmic rays and/or sun). These particles don’t have mass but sometimes they collide with hydrogen atoms (based on readings from the neutrino detectors on Earth), because humans consist of hydrogen, such a collision of a particle could possible have an effect and is part of the research. 

I do not have any medical degree so I can only advise on what the space weather subject consists of and what we know from the effects from space weather. Please consult a doctor for the symptoms  you are describing.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a medical provider, although I was previously a staff member for a surgery residency, so I have some knowledge and understanding about what knowledge souraces are more effacious.

There are some studies in Pubmed regarding solar events and strokes.  I believe there is some relationship between solar weather and possibly geological and weather on earth (but those who moderate this site would know a lot more).

There have been studies identifying a relationship between inflammation felt in the body (in particular) migraines and barometric pressure (as well as menstrual cycles).

There also have been studies identifying that there is some relationship that yet remains elusive between strokes and heart attacks and the weather.  They tend to occur on Mondays with greater frequency.  There is also some elusive relationship between these events and dew point, temperature change, and barometric pressure.

From an anecdotal level, I have experienced this with migraines (for the last 17 yrs) and the expression of the severity of damage in my motor cortex since having a stroke.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 10:00 PM, tailzzz24 said:

I admittedly don't understand the physics behind Space Weather, but for at least 10 years I have been keeping day planners noting that day's activity and various symptoms. These symptoms can range from night sweats, to insomnia, to arthritic knee pain flareups, to teeth gritting, to a white coating on my tongue (increase in bacteria, thrush ruled out), to feeling agitated or overly emotional. I could go on and on. I should also note that I have epilepsy. After a while, myself a skeptic at first, I could not deny noticing a definitive correlation. In fact, if you were to lock me in a room, I could tell you when something significant was occurring or about to occur. CIRs, for instance, trigger night sweats for me. I would welcome the opportunity to prove this...a medical researcher along with an expert on Space Weather.

I've noticed research indicating a correlation between heart attacks and strokes. And it dawned on me one day that a healthy woman's menstrual period, we are told, 'averages 28 days'. Mine were always 27 days apart, and it takes the sun 27 days to make one full rotation. Coincidence?

We're electrical creatures, powered by the sun. We have long known that the tides respond to the moon. Might medical researchers be overlooking something 'key'? I see so little research being done on this, and practically none in the US.

I also am concerned with the increase in manmade EMFs...now microwaves from cell phones, wifi, and so forth. Could we eventually confuse the sun? My thinking is that the sun is our friend, here to keep every living thing healthy.

What do you think? 

I think that you are correct. When I feel bad, I check to see if we are having a storm, and we usually are.

I think that you may be correct. The sad thing is that we can only work with the Sun, we can't change or alter the Sun. I have MS, Migranes, Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, High Blood Pressure, Vertigo, Back Surgery, Replaced Shoulder, and Injury to my knees, just to list a few. I am not allowed to take pain meds thanks to the opioid crisis. I KNOW when something isn't right in space. My body is extra ill and full of pain. It gets to where my body goes into shock. At least then I get some Relief from this horrible pain.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, my son has epilepsy and his seizures are triggered by geomagnetic events.  The stronger the event, the more difficult the seizure is to stop.  We have backlogged all his seizures and continue to record data in a seizure journal, confirming this correlation.  His sensitivity is so precise that his seizure activity occcurs instantaneously with the change in the geomagnetic field.  We can see him having sudden onset symptoms and then go check space weather, and sure enough, there will be solar activity.  This has been going on for 4 years, so we have obtained quite a bit of data.  We are looking for anyone who is familiar with this condition so that it can be studied and we can provide better care for him.  The neurologists and epileptologists in our area have no experience with this, but there have been numerous studies on this link between seizures and storms so there must be others who suffer with similar issues.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Edited by Michael gimmeson
Text appears twice
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, Vancanneyt Sander said:

The Earth’s magnetosphere protects us from the space weather effects from the Sun and thus humans can survive on Earth. 

Current research shows negligible or no effects on the life on Earth itself, but it can be dangerous for astronauts who go beyond the protective magnetosphere into space. Astronauts survived the influences from space, although no space walks are done during a solar radiation storm because that would harm astronauts because their unprotected.

Other reasearch is done on neutrinos (from cosmic rays and/or sun). These particles don’t have mass but sometimes they collide with hydrogen atoms (based on readings from the neutrino detectors on Earth), because humans consist of hydrogen, such a collision of a particle could possible have an effect and is part of the research. 

I do not have any medical degree so I can only advise on what the space weather subject consists of and what we know from the effects from space weather. Please consult a doctor for the symptoms  you are describing.

Hello Vancanneyt, 

That’s interesting you say “Current research shows negligible or no effects on the life on Earth itself,”

I’m curious to how you obtained this conclusion. There are many studies that show an undeniable correlation between geomagnetic storms and effects on biological life forms. 

The sun is a large part of the continuation and production of life on this planet. How could one say the sun has no effects on life? 

We are protected by a thing that's called the magnetosphere, the harmful radiation that comes from the Sun gets blocked and thus the effects are negligible. High altitude flights can get a bit of a higher dose, but still below the international criteria. Only during severe geomagnetic storms, where the magnetosphere gets hammered by a very strong solar wind and shrinks, the dosis increases, polar flights are then not permitted (mostly because of effects on instruments like GPS) and also EVA's are not possible for the people in the ISS. 

The Sun has an influence on life, but not for a headaches and such, that's what I wanted to say.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not direct, but in a sense it has a health effect on me since most of my daily excitement consists of checking the solar wind conditions. It's a real downer when the speed is high and the BT is floored deep into the negative but it's cloudy outside.

• 1 month later...

Solar flares, coronal mass ejections and increased solar wind cause my joint pains to flare up. Increased geomagnetic activity causes me increased fatigued and a feeling of being quite literally 'spaced out'. I participated in the "cloudy with a chance of pain" research undertaken by the University of Manchester,  UK during 2017. They were looking for a correlation  between pain and earth weather but I expect if they can obtain data for space weather and run statistical analysis between that and reported symptoms it may prove what some of us are feeling. It really is crippling. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just recently discovered this website and just today this forum. Nice!

Will write more later about a personal revelation of sorts. Thank you for posting your observation.   Your line of thinking does have parallels with how ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE affects our human body. For example when the PRESSURE CHANGES rapidly people tend to get sick (cold/flu or what not) and/or certain people feel more or less joint pain. Search - JOINT PAIN AIR PRESSURE. Or some variation of that. Or heck...forget about web searches and just closely monitor the barometric pressure and how you feel and those around you!    (Like pay attention to when people call into sick at work!)

• Like 1

The late Professor Cherry of New Zealand examined this question a few years back.  A detailed Internet search could find his work, but I will try to recover my own links when I have time.

46 minutes ago, Blitzfeuer said:

The late Professor Cherry of New Zealand examined this question a few years back.  A detailed Internet search could find his work, but I will try to recover my own links when I have time.

This is the most comprehensive link to Neil Cherry's work that I could find http://www.neilcherry.nz/document-downloads.html

• Like 1

Ok, now I have a time for a little revelation. Could be a separate topic, but let's keep it here for now. This will be a bit long.

Let's see where it goes. So I live in the Seattle area.

On March 20th I went to a forested natural area. Remote enough that there is a sign before you drive in that there is no cell phone signal nor 911 (Though in practice a friend I was with at one time got his phone to work miles away from the sign (Deeper in the forest) - I only have an emergency cell phone, don't use one, and many times, don't even have the emergency one with me. Guess I'm ol' school). Anyways...it's important to know this part...became microwave radiation / cell tower / wi-fi / whatever.... increases static charge in the affected area, which also affects people. Did you know that?  That's another story. And static charge is more harmful that we believe it to be.

So...I was walking in this area (Road was closed due to snow). And the day and preceding days (See Wunderground calendar) were unusual for their heat. Global warming / climate change / solar activity - whatever you believe to be true.

As I was walking I all of a sudden felt the wind blow a little and got this terrible static feeling, I took of my cotton t-shirt, was bare chested, and the shirt was ALL staticy (Is that a word). I felt really uncomfortable.  I could feel the static charge in the air. It was really unpleasant. I made my way back to my car. [Later a co-worker told me she thought it was more staticy that day too - and she lived away from this natural area...many many miles. A grocery cashier also seemed to confirm when I asked him the same day - he was close to where I was walking - but it is still a number of miles away] [A side note - maybe you notice the air feels different after/during a storm, but this wasn't like that - but the electrical charge in the air has changed]

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/temps-near-80-degrees-at-sea-tac-notching-record-for-hottest-march-day-ever/

https://www.wunderground.com/calendar/us/wa/seattle/KSEA/date/2019-3

So...then I learn there was a potential Aurora - March 23rd - that could be visible in Seattle. After the fact. This is relatively speaking, unusual. It never did materialize from what I read.

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2019/03/potential-aurora-tonight.html?m=1

But it got me thinking....so I found this webpage.  And we had a relatively strong C-class flare that day. The day it happened, it was the strongest of 2019, to be surpassed a day later.

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/top-50-solar-flares/year/2019

I have *never* felt a static charge in the air in a natural area like that before. In 40+ years...and I hike and have traveled alot (As opposed to someone who "doesn't get out much") So...is it possible...

That the magnetic field in this particular spot, at that time was weakened / distorted and it let through more of the solar radiation from this flare?  In other words - our "protection" is not functioning properly..... The time I felt it - around 1230p PDT more/less, is roughly 8 hours after the peak of the flare - per detailed graph. UTC-PDT conversion. But the effects of this increased radiation would persist until it  dissipated?

https://sciencing.com/long-solar-flare-reach-earth-3732.html (Link talks about EMF energy that accompanies a flare, and it comes much faster - before the charged particles of electrons/protons, etc...is there anything else?)

We should be quick to point out that the charged particles take longer (usually) to hit the earth's atmosphere - thus the delayed aurora borealis of a couple days.

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help/how-do-we-know-if-a-cme-is-earth-directed-and-when-its-going-to-arrive

So..if this is possible...why is it occurring? As you may or may not know..the magnetic north pole is moving very fast - beyond all expectations. Something has changed in the atmosphere. This video - the beginning and middle part is relevant (And possibly the last).

As for a mechanism...here is a video I made about microwave radiation and magnetic fields. And microwave radiation is coming out from all man-made wireless devices and transmitters. That would include satellites beaming down microwaves to earth ( For telecom/tv/radio, broadband internet, etc...) and your local cell tower / antennas, and wi-fi router, etc..

Was it particularly hot that day and others because of more solar radiation getting through a weakened magnetic field? Is that related? The heat started March 18th PDT. The pre C class flare started at 12:00 UTC, or 4am PDT. IT was already expected to be hot...but was it hotter than the expectations? That I don't know.

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/archive/2019/03/18/xray

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/weather/article/Seattle-sun-weather-heat-record-temperature-70s-13698045.php

..so how this relates to health...when our electrical system is off we suffer various health effects. And we are affected by magnetic fields...more so the more metal in our body...this I have experienced personally.

Edited by quietfreedom
add text, realize flare time is UTC
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, Vancanneyt Sander said:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0304394081902469

Edited by Michael gimmeson

On 4/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, quietfreedom said:

Snip

While there are believable premises at the root of a lot of the things you have been exposed to, I believe you are under the influence of propaganda and video alterations. Unfortunately, this makes actually discussing some of the matters with you impossible as you already have concluded, it seems, that meteorology has no substance in predicting how hot it will be today or tomorrow. No, the heat in Seattle has nothing to do with flares, nor was there a substantial enough change in the amount of radiation emitted by the Sun/received by Earth to call for... well, actually, there is a meteorological phenomenon taking place right now, but we can't blame a weakening of the atmosphere. It's an effect of rising sea surface temperatures, that's for absolute certain.

This journalistic digging you've dug is not a scientific approach to assessing the things you are feeling, Seems to me you only recently started suspecting space and the sun of giving you physical symptoms, but we're at or near solar minimum... if you were to be experiencing these symptoms due to some hypersensitivity, then surely you would have showed up years prior with these premonitions. Believe me - you're not the only one suspecting some shenanigans in our atmosphere, but before jumping to conclusions, do yourself due diligence and become educated about the fields of science your conclusions rely on, and maybe in the future, assess the validity from a more objective, outward perspective.

We are able to trick ourselves into hyperchondriasis due to a lack of education about subjects that uninformed authors will use to vehicle some doomsday article telling of how our cats can sense Earthquakes and won't warn us if they're coming, or how space rocks trap electricity and send it back down to earth via Radio Signals. It's all fuel for someone to say, "Yeah I can feel that!" Believe me, it would be cool if we could directly connect to outer space, but the consequences would be immediate, detrimental, and obvious. It's more likely you were experiencing a meteorological phenomenon, often disregarded by the doomsday authors since weather gets coverage internationally on a daily basis. That said, I believe it is called "Sudden Stratospheric Warming"

Space weather affects us. Period. Why some are more aware, more "in tune" than others is a question I do not have an answer for...yet. Tailzzz24 you mentioned EMF's and I would like to share this with you...

I AM THE BIRD IN THE BOX

As I sit here thinking about YOUR future, and the future of your loved ones I shudder. You blink, and think...she doesn't know me. To which I reply, "I don't need to know you to FEEL the danger you are in."

THINK about that. Think about those of us, aware and running for cover so to speak. Those of us who know all too well the damage, and debilitating pain. You wonder...what is she talking about? Well let me tell you...

The symptoms come like tidal waves...the intensity varies. My headaches increased, some days the migraines left me lying in the dark unable to speak, the pain was so exquisite. My jaw, fingers and toes tingle, and on certain days my stomach pain would leave me bedridden for days, unable to eat. Other times I was nauseous with vertigo, unable to walk. Fraught with fatigue, forgetful of what I even did the day before I searched for WHY. The nosebleeds were an increasing bloody mess, adding further alarm to my young son who saw the pain and anguish distorting my face. My husband took me to doctors. So many doctors...gynecologists, a G.I doc, after all the ultrasounds, bloodwork...we were told all is well. We moved at this time, and then hell broke loose...

I was on the floor, my mind cloudy, my pounding heart fighting against my tight chest. I was unable to breathe, gasping for air I dialed 911. I could hear my panicked son speaking to his father on my cell phone...help mommy daddy! By the time the paramedics arrived I was getting a grip, focused on my breathing. I told them I'm starting to feel better, I'll be ok. The medic shook his head reading my vitals and said you need to go now...so off I went. The ER doc said it was a panic attack. I don't panic. I went to a cardiologist, ran through the tests, bloodwork, and was told all is well.

The nosebleeds continued, along with the stomach pain, the vertigo, but the migraines...the migraines burned with the intensity of fire now. Forcing me awake...running for an ice cold shower, unable to put it out! The burning was so painful that my family would awake with my cries. I was losing my hair at this point, the bald spot getting larger. We went to a neurologist who found nothing wrong. The pain in my jaw now throbbed, adding to my angst...and it was then that I started loosing teeth!

We made an appointment to see a well known doctor down in Dallas, Texas. It was at this point we knew I had radiation sickness and I was going to get answers. I brought ALL my paperwork, and bloodwork (including a tri test for heavy metal toxicity) from all the various doctors. I was planning to have this well known doctor test me for EMF. Why? If I already knew what was wrecking havoc on my health? I was thinking this test was to be my proof to certain loved ones about my condition. Those in the family who were shaking their heads, speaking cynically amongst themselves about my "problem." Like a pariah, I craved their understanding but not for my sake, for their own. I speak out in order to get my warning heard, and the message heeded.

The doctor in Dallas told me, you could pay to have this test done if YOU really need the peace of mind, but you will not change THEIR minds if they're addicted to the tech. His advice was to use that money toward removing those amalgams asap. Upon returning home, the dentist whom I was going to for over a decade was floored with disbelief as I tried to explain to him why I was loosing teeth. Mind you, he didn't have ANY answers as to why! I spoke to him about my microwave illness, about the toxicity of the amalgam fillings...he was cynically unmoved, all the while stating that amalgams are safe.

It was at my fathers wake that I found the truth from a retired veteran. The military would replace their amalgam fillings every 6 months, otherwise the RF hitting those fillings would loosen them cracking their teeth causing loss. This is EXACTLY what I was experiencing. We found an exceptional dentist who, unlike my prior dentist, removed my amalgam fillings properly & safely. My jaw pain is gone now, AND I am no longer loosing teeth.

How did we figure out what was damaging my health? Well I wouldn't be typing this if it wasn't for my husband. He had worked for the Dresden nuclear facility, and by taking a step back, looking at ALL MY SYMPTOMS, he saw I had radiation sickness. A professional was called in. He came to our home with cases of equipment showing us that we were living in a very unhealthy environment inside and out.

We had serious dirty electricity coming in through our water line. There was also the wifi, cell phones, microwave, dect phone...all causing harm. The wifi & cell phones were turned off, and everything is hard wired now. The dect phone (mini cell tower), and microwave (leaking radiation) were tossed, but we still had all our neighbor's wifi bathing us in radiation.

On top of that we had spoken to the utility company about my health issue, letting them know we did not want their smart meter on our home. Their response was indifferent disbelief saying in two years time EVERYONE will have a smart meter. I believe 5G is slotted for deployment in that time frame, we shall see. We were also told that we'd be charged an extra $22 on our electric bill, that is unless we accept their pulsed radiation device on our home. I wrote 3 articles for our local newspaper about these so called "smart" meters, and spoke at a town hall meeting concerning the danger. I tell you now, there's nothing smart about it. A smart home is an unhealthy home. The city didn't force a smart meter on our water line thankfully, since we told them of my condition and that we were living in the basement. They allowed me to take pictures of the meter instead, billing us for usage with no extra fees.

Unfortunately this smart meter deployment affects us all. The word "deployment" should give you pause in and of itself. Though we paid the extra fee to keep the smart meter off our home, our neighborhood became part of the smart grid mesh network. Thus, our neighbor's smart meter, which faced our home, blasted pulsed radiation through our living space every 12 seconds! I took pictures of these meter readings before and after the smart meter was installed for proof. I also spoke with, and dropped off information with my neighbors about this deployment. Most smiled, disbelief clouding their eyes.

The radiation sources didn't stop there...the professional showed the readings from 3 cell towers in plain view surrounding our home, as well as pointing out the high line wires at the end of our neighborhood. My husband worked at giving me some relief by buying foil backed insulation boards to line the interior walls. We'd put 5 sheets thick in some places trying to block the radiation. No matter the jokes about aluminum foil I went through rolls of it, because it helped. We also purchased our own meters, like the HF 38B Analyser which allowed us to detect where it was the worst, and we tackled those spots first. We moved our bed into the unfinished basement where I spent most of my day,...and we prayed.

During this time the response from friend and family alike varied when they came to visit us at our home. You could imagine the complete surprise of a friend of mine who had come over to complete the paperwork on our VA refi. In the end, no matter how much we tried to clean up our environment we came to the realization that we couldn't completely stop the radiation from hitting us inside our home. I was not healing in this toxic mix. We had to move.

Unable to find safe housing, my husband saw a steel storage building in an industrial park for rent in the newspaper. We decided to check it out immediately and happily found it was owned by a good friend. Unabashedly we spoke to him about EMF, and with meters in hand checked the huge storage unit for radiation inside. We had found our new home.

I sit here typing this message to you now from inside this steel box. There are no windows here, and for this I am thankful. When I go out for extended periods of time, 3 hours or more, my Jeep has been made as radiation proof as possible. I do miss the sunlight, my garden, the breeze...but until we can relocate I am content just being for the most part without pain.

You may be thinking...well I don't feel it, so it doesn't affect me. Oh but your wrong...it accumulates. The damage becomes more pronounced with this accumulation, and differs in the symptoms for each of us. Imagine that we all have a cup. Picture mine running over, while yours might be half full. I also want to impress upon you the fact that I do NOT take ANY pain meds, not even an aspirin. Whereas you may be masking the effects by taking medications. Nonetheless, the damage is being done. The accumulation piling up regardless of your being numb to it.

As I sit here thinking about YOUR future, and the future of YOUR loved ones I wonder...will you shake your head in disbelief? Or will you realize
that I am the bird in the box,
the one miners once relied upon to alert them of danger...

WIFI CUBA.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CazadorDeWulf said:

While there are believable premises at the root of a lot of the things you have been exposed to, I believe you are under the influence of propaganda and video alterations. Unfortunately, this makes actually discussing some of the matters with you impossible as you already have concluded, it seems, that meteorology has no substance in predicting how hot it will be today or tomorrow. No, the heat in Seattle has nothing to do with flares, nor was there a substantial enough change in the amount of radiation emitted by the Sun/received by Earth to call for... well, actually, there is a meteorological phenomenon taking place right now, but we can't blame a weakening of the atmosphere. It's an effect of rising sea surface temperatures, that's for absolute certain.

This journalistic digging you've dug is not a scientific approach to assessing the things you are feeling, Seems to me you only recently started suspecting space and the sun of giving you physical symptoms, but we're at or near solar minimum... if you were to be experiencing these symptoms due to some hypersensitivity, then surely you would have showed up years prior with these premonitions. Believe me - you're not the only one suspecting some shenanigans in our atmosphere, but before jumping to conclusions, do yourself due diligence and become educated about the fields of science your conclusions rely on, and maybe in the future, assess the validity from a more objective, outward perspective.

U totally missed the point of my post. But seeing your earlier dismissive attitude to the original post..not a surprise.  LOVE is blind. That would include LOVE of our own ideas / self.
Anything we LOVE, we are blind about. Not just relationships.   "True love" doesn't need a word. It just is. But that's my perspective....

one man's logic, is another man's folly. One man's sense, is another man's crazy.

Magnetic North moving rapidly is reported in numerous outlets - NatGeo, etc.... The video linked is just a short presentation about it....is it the cause of those specific birds dying - that is up for debate...but there are birds falling out of the sky all over the place. Animal populations are crashing (Various reasons - but one primary) and mass animal deaths are all over the place. Whales/dolphins, etc...beaching themselves....Look up MASS ANIMAL DEATHS. You might learn something, but then maybe you're not the type. Many say they are open-minded, when in fact they are closed.

By the way - the word SCIENCE - is rooted in the word KNOWLEDGE / TO KNOW. So that means EVERYTHING. Not just what is "testable" or considered "science."  The word has been hijacked to a narrow viewpoint.

How much do you know about the  language you type in?

"Educated about the fields of science..." that's a pompous thing to say - you don't even know who you are talking to. Take a given subject too..and one scientist can say one thing, and another something else.  How many times have people with fancy degrees or titles been wrong?

Well..I'll leave it at that...and wait for another response from someone else. Maybe there won't be one.

I'm looking forward to the "End of (formal) Science"....it won't be long. In 20 years that word will be obsolete...

"Most Scientists" don't even understand emotions/feelings - something so basic to our existence...and that drives our logic! Can't even tell you where we get FEAR, HATE, ANGER from. Or how to get rid of it rapidly....why some people have more, some people less.

Everybody knows something...too many titles in our world. Just leads to en-title-ment.

Well, SWL looks like a platform for people to spout conspiracy theories from a soapbox, now. Great, I was liking this place. 

If discussions are going to take place about conspiracy theories, fake news and/or personal attacks on people, we have to close the topic. We request that discussions stay on-topic with enough scientific evidence thats backed up with facts and figures. 
Posts that do not comply will be removed and bans will be given out in accordance to the forum usage guidelines.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

If discussions are going to take place about conspiracy theories, fake news and/or personal attacks on people, we have to close the topic. We request that discussions stay on-topic with enough scientific evidence thats backed up with facts and figures.

I agree the forums should keep out the environmental-political doomsday conspiracies and related new age pablum, but as I suggested in another thread, given the increased recognition and research to heliobiology (“spaceweather biology”), might it not be useful to corral these discussions into its own forum (something like “Heliobiology”, or if that sounds too abstract, just “Spaceweather Biology”), thus not clouding the other forums's reputations with these sincere but potentially questionable ideas/theories?

##########

BTW, is it just something in my settings, or do some replies seem to pin to the bottom as the last reply (such as quietfreedomʼs Monday morning 2am reply, which will probably be still stuck after my reply)?

Edited by Kaimbridge
Grammar

Op 10/4/2019 om 19:11, Kaimbridge zei:

BTW, is it just something in my settings, or do some replies seem to pin to the bottom as the last reply 

Off-topic: this is a question forum, so the answers that get enough upvotes get on top with the answer that’s marked as best answer on top. Downvoted messages will end last. Equally voted messages will show chronological.

EDIT: This topic has been moved to a discussion forum so posts will display in chronological order.

Edited by Marcel de Bont

• 2 months later...

You need to learn that a magnetic field detector is not a Radiation detector. Stop your foolish madness. Your hand feels uncomfortable from holding the meter mot fabricated "magnetic" field radiation.

• 2 weeks later...

Adding my experience. Solar flares absolutely destroy me. I become extremely tired and have a spaced feeling. It's almost impossible to have productive thoughts and I often prefer to sleep through it when I can. When I was a young child, maybe 3yo to 6yo, I would have severe headaches when it rained. That stopped happening around 6 (may be completely irrelevant) and I'm not sure exactly when the tiredness during flares began. I have the space weather enthusiasts page on favorite and only within the last year (I'm currently 34) have I began to compare my symptoms very precisely with the flares (though I've had these strong tiredness symptoms since 20yo, possibly even my whole life without adding it up). ANYTIME there is a STRONG FLUCTUATION in the "satellite environment electron flux", I am effected (ref: https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities/space-weather-enthusiasts). Generally, energy above G-2 will affect me. I'm going to try decalcification of the pineal using this supplement (https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/item02040/Vitamins-D-and-K-with-Sea-Iodine) and will report back after one month at taking one per day. If you're reading this and have experienced similar, please be kind and share details. Thanks!