tailzzz24

Does Solar & Geomagnetic Activity Affect Health?

Question

I admittedly don't understand the physics behind Space Weather, but for at least 10 years I have been keeping day planners noting that day's activity and various symptoms. These symptoms can range from night sweats, to insomnia, to arthritic knee pain flareups, to teeth gritting, to a white coating on my tongue (increase in bacteria, thrush ruled out), to feeling agitated or overly emotional. I could go on and on. I should also note that I have epilepsy. After a while, myself a skeptic at first, I could not deny noticing a definitive correlation. In fact, if you were to lock me in a room, I could tell you when something significant was occurring or about to occur. CIRs, for instance, trigger night sweats for me. I would welcome the opportunity to prove this...a medical researcher along with an expert on Space Weather.

I've noticed research indicating a correlation between heart attacks and strokes. And it dawned on me one day that a healthy woman's menstrual period, we are told, 'averages 28 days'. Mine were always 27 days apart, and it takes the sun 27 days to make one full rotation. Coincidence?

We're electrical creatures, powered by the sun. We have long known that the tides respond to the moon. Might medical researchers be overlooking something 'key'? I see so little research being done on this, and practically none in the US.

I also am concerned with the increase in manmade EMFs...now microwaves from cell phones, wifi, and so forth. Could we eventually confuse the sun? My thinking is that the sun is our friend, here to keep every living thing healthy.

What do you think?

3 answers to this question

The Earth’s magnetosphere protects us from the space weather effects from the Sun and thus humans can survive on Earth. 

Current research shows negligible or no effects on the life on Earth itself, but it can be dangerous for astronauts who go beyond the protective magnetosphere into space. Astronauts survived the influences from space, although no space walks are done during a solar radiation storm because that would harm astronauts because their unprotected.

Other reasearch is done on neutrinos (from cosmic rays and/or sun). These particles don’t have mass but sometimes they collide with hydrogen atoms (based on readings from the neutrino detectors on Earth), because humans consist of hydrogen, such a collision of a particle could possible have an effect and is part of the research. 

I do not have any medical degree so I can only advise on what the space weather subject consists of and what we know from the effects from space weather. Please consult a doctor for the symptoms  you are describing.

I am not a medical provider, although I was previously a staff member for a surgery residency, so I have some knowledge and understanding about what knowledge souraces are more effacious.

There are some studies in Pubmed regarding solar events and strokes.  I believe there is some relationship between solar weather and possibly geological and weather on earth (but those who moderate this site would know a lot more).

There have been studies identifying a relationship between inflammation felt in the body (in particular) migraines and barometric pressure (as well as menstrual cycles).

There also have been studies identifying that there is some relationship that yet remains elusive between strokes and heart attacks and the weather.  They tend to occur on Mondays with greater frequency.  There is also some elusive relationship between these events and dew point, temperature change, and barometric pressure.

From an anecdotal level, I have experienced this with migraines (for the last 17 yrs) and the expression of the severity of damage in my motor cortex since having a stroke.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:00 PM, tailzzz24 said:

I admittedly don't understand the physics behind Space Weather, but for at least 10 years I have been keeping day planners noting that day's activity and various symptoms. These symptoms can range from night sweats, to insomnia, to arthritic knee pain flareups, to teeth gritting, to a white coating on my tongue (increase in bacteria, thrush ruled out), to feeling agitated or overly emotional. I could go on and on. I should also note that I have epilepsy. After a while, myself a skeptic at first, I could not deny noticing a definitive correlation. In fact, if you were to lock me in a room, I could tell you when something significant was occurring or about to occur. CIRs, for instance, trigger night sweats for me. I would welcome the opportunity to prove this...a medical researcher along with an expert on Space Weather.

I've noticed research indicating a correlation between heart attacks and strokes. And it dawned on me one day that a healthy woman's menstrual period, we are told, 'averages 28 days'. Mine were always 27 days apart, and it takes the sun 27 days to make one full rotation. Coincidence?

We're electrical creatures, powered by the sun. We have long known that the tides respond to the moon. Might medical researchers be overlooking something 'key'? I see so little research being done on this, and practically none in the US.

I also am concerned with the increase in manmade EMFs...now microwaves from cell phones, wifi, and so forth. Could we eventually confuse the sun? My thinking is that the sun is our friend, here to keep every living thing healthy.

What do you think? 

I think that you are correct. When I feel bad, I check to see if we are having a storm, and we usually are.

I think that you may be correct. The sad thing is that we can only work with the Sun, we can't change or alter the Sun. I have MS, Migranes, Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, High Blood Pressure, Vertigo, Back Surgery, Replaced Shoulder, and Injury to my knees, just to list a few. I am not allowed to take pain meds thanks to the opioid crisis. I KNOW when something isn't right in space. My body is extra ill and full of pain. It gets to where my body goes into shock. At least then I get some Relief from this horrible pain.