Global Geomagnetic Activity Map question

ctastro

Very basic question from first time poster.  On this Map on the homepage, based on the solar wind data from DSCOVR, the computer model is generating a bright blue region in the general area where Hurricane Maria just hit.  If you select the North America view to zoom in, you can really see the line distinction and colored areas.  The blue is in several separate and distinct areas, close to but not limited to, the current hurricane location itself.  They have seem to have faded in the 15-20 minutes it took me to register for the account to post the question, but are still apparent now.  Does anyone know what exactly the model generation is picking up there?   I can look in more detail when I get home, but thought this is probably a known answer for the forum regulars.   Thanks - this is an interesting website!

Archived