Foto workshop in Groenland!

kins

I'm writing in English because you never know when Greenlandic wifi is going to stop working, and Dutch takes me too long to write :-)

2 nights ago (night of 26-27 September), AMAZING northern lights up here in Ilulissat! All night long, and a lot of purple/red! Photos attached here are from that night 26-27 September.

Last night (27-28), it was clouded, and despite this, super bright and fast moving (some of the fastest I have ever seen!). Funny, the Kp was lower than 1 night before.

Tonight, snow, so I don't have any expectations. Night 28 to 29 will be my last night and weather forecast seems ok-ish. Let's see. Arctic weather changes every 5 minutes!

Btw, unlike in Lapland, the "powerful" show here in Greenland starts almost exactly at the minute that the Tweet says "in XX minutes the Kp will be 4 (or 5)" !!!

201609262229__E5_2636.jpg

201609270000__E5_2721.jpg

201609270136__E5_2810.jpg

1 uur terug, Vincent van Leijen zei:

Dit is toch niet normaal?!
Als je een beetje op breedtegraad zit is dit dé week van het jaar qua activiteit, en sommige foto's hier gaan ondertussen aardig richting "fine art".
@kins, deze werken horen toch minimaal in 1 bij 1.5m aan de wand te hangen?

Er komt zeker een van deze foto's op de muur ja!

Ik zit hier op 70N maar ook 52W. Te ver naar het noorden eigenlijk. Noorderlicht is dus meestal in het zuiden. Ik schat ongeveer hetzelfde effect als Stockholm of Helsinki breedtegraad. 

Vanacht sneeuw... Morgen mogelijk weer goed! En dan naar Copenhagen voor 1 nacht wie weet.., 

3 hours ago, Vincent van Leijen said:

Dit is toch niet normaal?!
Als je een beetje op breedtegraad zit is dit dé week van het jaar qua activiteit, en sommige foto's hier gaan ondertussen aardig richting "fine art".
@kins, deze werken horen toch minimaal in 1 bij 1.5m aan de wand te hangen?

Je kunt er een van mij krijgen Vinc, kies er maar 1 uit, ik stuur hem wel via we transfer ?

I waited till 4am for clear sky and boom Aurora came! Then I ran to the airport straight from my shooting location. Bingo!

Aurora was very soft, and slow. However it came surprisingly all the way to the northern horizon. Bz was negative and speed was about 700 when I took the picture so it's a bit strange :) maybe because it was the very end of the night. 

image.jpeg

8 uren geleden, Vincent van Leijen zei:

Heeft iemand ervaring met poollichtfoto's op aluminium?

Geen poollicht op aluminium maar heb in m'n woonkamer tal van aluminium canvassen ophangen van m'n andere passie de bergen in het zwart/wit. En al zegk et zelf, echt supergoede kwaliteit en ben er zeker van dat dat met poollichtfotos ook zo zal zijn. Aanrader Vince ;) 

Archived