Current coronal hole in earth position

Carlosboreal

Hi guys, I have seen that there is a coronal hole facing earth... I have a mix of ideas right now as I´m still learning about this fascinating world of Geomagnetic&solar activity.

How can this coronal hole affect to Earth geomagnetic activity? this hole could enhanced aurora in a couple of days?  I´m right now deciding to take a flight to Tromso for next weekend, and if this coronal would increase the chance of seeing auroras, it maybe definitely makes me book the flight&hotel there.

Thanks.

This coronal hole is trans equatorial so it will likely send fast solar wind to Earth. Should take two to three days to get here. It will likely cause enhanced auroral displays at high latitudes when the stream arrives but storm levels are not expected. There should be an alright chance for aurora north of the arctic circle this weekend but of course the weather here on Earth also needs to cooperate.

Archived