Solar Weather And implants?

AbeH

Now this has been bothering me for quite sometime so I wanted to ask it Is it possible that If there was a strong enough solar storm it could affect implants such as pacemakers and other electrical implants?

Hum. CMEs are way too slow to cause overcharging of small devices. From what I have read, the slower the wave, the longer the "antenna" must be to accumulate sufficient energy to cause malfunction. An antenna means any length of conductive material that is grounded or not within the EMF. Everything that is plugged into a wall socket technically qualifies for this too.

On the other hand, EMPs from a nuclear device send a shockwave through the EMF at relativistic speed, causing enough charging to destroy small electronics. That is still unproven theory, though, because very little evidence exist in a declassified state to confirm. Look for data from USSR's Project K or USA's Starfish Prime experiments to conduct your little research if you want to be sure I'm right. Even I am not sure, but I sure as hell bought a microwave oven that I keep unplugged to stash my electronics in case of an EMP =P

Archived