CME on 04/05/2014 through 04/06 at Thule AB

Guest Keith Woodard

There were two CMEs expected to brush past Earth the past days. The first was from a filament eruption on April 1 if I remember correctly. It was a weak full halo CME. The second one was from the M6 solar flare on April 2. This was an asymmetrical full halo CME. The current conditions might come from a shock passage of the C8 flare from April 4.

Guest Keith Woodard

Now that sounds perfectly logical! Please update the solar flare history against these respective dates. I did not see anything listed past April 2nd.

From the neutron monitoring station at Thule AB today, it would appear that our magnetosphere is still highly charged and resistent to CGRs (cosmic radiation); the recovery rate has been marginal.

Now that sounds perfectly logical! Please update the solar flare history against these respective dates. I did not see anything listed past April 2nd.

I do not understand what you mean. Are you talking about our archive?

From the neutron monitoring station at Thule AB today, it would appear that our magnetosphere is still highly charged and resistent to CGRs (cosmic radiation); the recovery rate has been marginal.

We might still be under influence of waning CME effects, there have also been some CMEs which were forecast to miss Earth but still pass Earth relatively close.

Guest Keith Woodard

But how long does it take for our magnetosphere to collapse back to its normal size after a significant flare event?

I support the working theory that states when CGRs dramatically increase over time, so will lower-cloud formation that enhances a cooling effect. Therefore, a series of weak Solar Cycles as we have observed and as others have claimed to be the weakes 11 year cycle in 100 years will have a significant impact on global weather in response to increasing levels of CGRs (Maunder Minimum).

Guest Stephane Mabille

Hello :  solar wind coming from coronal hole should be large ( 650-700 km / s ) 11 - 12 April.

+ Important speed solar eruptions

Archived